• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Action 1 pages in ha auction

28 posts in this topic

I got the same respone on the detective lot. They couldnt tell me if they were trimmed or what pages were in what condition. It seems pretty obvious to me that the action pages are trimmed, just look at the top edge.

James G

The pages were cut or torn from a book and the back half of the wraps are all, therefore, missing; does it really matter if, in addition to that, somebody trimmed the top edge? And, if so, is it really worse if he did so due to some misguided notion that it might make it look better, thereby crossing the rubicon into the evil intent that makes it a hundred times worse than if a blade had fallen accidentally onto the top of the book? It's that sort of obsession which helped the OP get a bargain.

The pages were cut or torn from a book and the back half of the wraps are all, therefore, missing; does it really matter if, in addition to that, somebody trimmed the top edge? And, if so, is it really worse if he did so due to some misguided notion that it might make it look better, thereby crossing the rubicon into the evil intent that makes it a hundred times worse than if a blade had fallen accidentally onto the top of the book? It's that sort of obsession which helped the OP get a bargain.

Couldnt have said better myself, i see it as action 1 pages with all the superman pages, which is pretty cool. We've had some good discussion here

Congrats! You should do quite well with pages 1 & 6 especially. Numbers to beat are 11k and 15k respectively......I think page 3 sold on CC or CLINK for 4- 5k a few years ago???? )I may have owned that one for a short period of time before it ended up at auction

Congrats on the blue lables - and the great pick up.

Another advantage of slabbing the pages individually is that you can keep one page for yourself, and still come out ahead of your original investment.

Looking forward to seeing the pages.

(Feels like I should pro-actively put my own thread together, so I have a chance at one of the pages).