• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Number of lurkers here going way up

71 posts in this topic

I would have to agree. I think that the boards have been better for the past few months as well. Not sure why I feel this way??

The GA Forum is attracting a lot of old time collectors and heavy hitters, whilst Comics General has seen less acrimony lately. Probably a combination of new blood and the absence of certain agitators.

There's a fair few threads where I don't participate as they have been very resourceful on subjects I'm not that familiar with - especially GA pedigrees and how they were found etc.

There's been an influx of really nice scans of both Golden and Silver Age books; Esquire, Bob Bierbohm and Jon Berk in the Golden Age Forum and new-comer AdamStrange in the Silver Age are of note. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Kot's of information about Golden Age books, their history and story behind a few Pedigree's. Good stuff ! cloud9.gif

screwy.gif

Speaking of "Lurker's",...... makepoint.gif

I would have to agree. I think that the boards have been better for the past few months as well. Not sure why I feel this way??

The GA Forum is attracting a lot of old time collectors and heavy hitters, whilst Comics General has seen less acrimony lately. Probably a combination of new blood and the absence of certain agitators.

There's a fair few threads where I don't participate as they have been very resourceful on subjects I'm not that familiar with - especially GA pedigrees and how they were found etc.

There's been an influx of really nice scans of both Golden and Silver Age books; Esquire, Bob Bierbohm and Jon Berk in the Golden Age Forum and new-comer AdamStrange in the Silver Age are of note. 893applaud-thumb.gifthumbsup2.gif

Kot's of information about Golden Age books, their history and story behind a few Pedigree's. Good stuff ! cloud9.gif

screwy.gif

yeahok.gif

screwy.gif

yeahok.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

screwy.gif

yeahok.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

Christo_pull_hair.gifpoke2.gif

screwy.gif

yeahok.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

I consider Greggy as the "Silent Majority" with his 24,000+ posts. 893applaud-thumb.gif

screwy.gif

yeahok.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

FUN FACTS TO KNOW & TELL :

1) I get an Exhibitor Pass !

2) I get in before "Preview Night" !!!

screwy.gif

yeahok.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

sleeping.gif You also have to "work"! sleeping.gif

screwy.gif

yeahok.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

I just stand around the Water Cooler !!! devil.gif

screwy.gif

yeahok.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

So...does the rest of staff. screwy.gif

screwy.gif

yeahok.gif

hi.gifflowerred.gif

So...does the rest of staff. screwy.gif

Yea, but.......we'll you got me on that one ! sorry.gifconfused-smiley-013.gif

I think one reason why some people don't want to post is because they are afraid of being flamed if they say the wrong thing. My wife once participated in a message board somewhere, I don't even know the topic, but whatever it was, some people didn't like what she wrote and flamed her badly. After just that one time she said she'd never write on a message board again. Perhaps a little too sensitive, but that's her. I imagine some lurkers are afraid of the same thing.

After seeing the way some of the guys here flamed.gif, I can actually understand.

Yeah, that could turn anyone off.

There are clearly people here who just like to stir things up. I try to ignore them. poke2.gifgrin.gif But some of the flame wars are fun, and are intentionally funny between 2 board members who know each other well. People who don't know that think they hate eachother and are the world's biggest jerks.

A few points of advice to newbies and lurkers is as follows:

1. Read the FAQs and the thread in this section "information, knowledge, and these boards" by Pedigree Man

2. Occasionally search the archive. Some of the most interesting and informative posts are old ones. It also helps you keep from asking something that's been asked umpteen times.

3. Don't be thin-skinned and freak out if somebody disagrees with you.

4. Have FUN, share your enthusiasm!

What, are you running for board president or something? poke2.gif

flowerred.gif

How's this:

Pizz off, you bunghole lickers!!!!

Better? poke2.gif

cloud9.gif

I think one reason why some people don't want to post is because they are afraid of being flamed if they say the wrong thing. My wife once participated in a message board somewhere, I don't even know the topic, but whatever it was, some people didn't like what she wrote and flamed her badly. After just that one time she said she'd never write on a message board again. Perhaps a little too sensitive, but that's her. I imagine some lurkers are afraid of the same thing.

After seeing the way some of the guys here flamed.gif, I can actually understand.

Yeah, that could turn anyone off.

There are clearly people here who just like to stir things up. I try to ignore them. poke2.gifgrin.gif But some of the flame wars are fun, and are intentionally funny between 2 board members who know each other well. People who don't know that think they hate eachother and are the world's biggest jerks.

A few points of advice to newbies and lurkers is as follows:

1. Read the FAQs and the thread in this section "information, knowledge, and these boards" by Pedigree Man

2. Occasionally search the archive. Some of the most interesting and informative posts are old ones. It also helps you keep from asking something that's been asked umpteen times.

3. Don't be thin-skinned and freak out if somebody disagrees with you.

4. Have FUN, share your enthusiasm!

What, are you running for board president or something? poke2.gif

flowerred.gif

How's this:

Pizz off, you bunghole lickers!!!!

Better? poke2.gif

cloud9.gif

bunghole.jpg

Deathlok and Greggy-see what you have done!!!! These poor men and women are terrified to join!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

At this point, I think it is more jediknight and Destro confused-smiley-013.gif

Jediknight is just downright funny gossip.gif

Deathlok and Greggy-see what you have done!!!! These poor men and women are terrified to join!!!! 893naughty-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

But not as funny as you 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Your books suck! gossip.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Your books suck! gossip.gif
893blahblah.gif