• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BLOB's get my car out of garage jail thread....Hero for Hire 1, SW 1, SA keys...

42 posts in this topic

You might want to check out that HFH 1 again. Looks like it might have color touch, especially on the top right corner crease.

will do when i get home. this was a dollar box purchase from the mid-90s, so I can't imagine why anyone would bother, but anything is possible.

----

i checked and whatever that is on the scan does not exist on the comic. the crease/color break goes straight across on the comic. the spine ticks are color breaking and no CT in there. i am using the scanner on my office copier and it is not that great on some books, adds spots and darkness that do not exist. the back covers come out looking terrible. my home scanner died and i have not gotten around to replacing it. i'm busy spending boatloads to fix my car, keep the babysitters in ipads, and keeping up with my mortgage.

OK, here's a few more to end the day.

I have five copies of each of these magazines available. They are all in really nice NM shape, maybe better. I am looking for $14 each on the Epic 1s (Frazetta cover), $10 for the Bizarre Adventures 27s and $13 on the Bizarre Adventures 28s. Buy more than one of each issue and I knock $1 off each one you buy. First person to buy any two of these magazines gets a free beat up Eerie #4, featuring some Frazetta and Ditko art and from a bunch of other terrific artists as well. I see a lot of really high BIN prices on the Epic 1s, I don't know what that's about, hard to gauge sales of high grade copies as there are very few. These all have some awesome art and are really overlooked. B.A. 28 has Frank Miller art, Elktra an Inhumans tie-in...Good stuff.

epic_zpsvbcxgsti.jpg

bizarre27_zpsuekh10ro.jpg

bizarre28_zpsn0xh48mq.jpg

And now a lot of Silver Age Flash issues (price stickers are on the bags, not the comics):

Flash 155: VG- copy. Small rip bottom right corner and tape pull (which I just put on there..UHG!). Rogues gallery of villians including the Suicide Squad's Captain Boomerang and Gorilla Grodd.

Flash 173: Fine Minus copy. Golden Age Flash/Kid Flash cross-over

Flash 157 is VG+

Flash 159 is VG+

Flash 162 is VG-

Flash 176 is VG+

Flash 183 is Fine +

Looking for $50 for the group. There is a lot of good stuff in there. Guide on this is around $120 or so.

flash183_zpszwkqfjkx.jpg

flash176_zps7iwd4pcj.jpg

flash159_zpsconbau2l.jpg

flash155_zpsqwdlq6gq.jpg

flash157_zps3quqot1m.jpg

flash152_zpswifcyyki.jpg

flash173_zps76riyp2w.jpg

still one of my fav in terms of covers. If im not mistaken its a big origin book as well for phoenix.

Sweet book and GLWTS

So buy 5 of them!

OK, I will be adding more tonight, but in the interests of full disclosure, I now have enough to pay for the car repairs now that my wife is willing to lend her CC for the hundred or so that i am short, although she wants me to pay her back. So the rest of these sales are for the "stop Blob's wife from killing him in his sleep" fund.

Thanks for the purchases and no low ball offers via PM trying to take advantage, although it's a free country and folks were certainly entitled to make any offer they wanted. It's not like I needed the money for chemotherapy or a heart transplant or was about to lose my home (that's next month). I do live in a place with good public transportation.

I have five copies of each of these magazines available. They are all in really nice NM shape, maybe better. I am looking for $14 each on the Epic 1s (Frazetta cover), $10 for the Bizarre Adventures 27s and $13 on the Bizarre Adventures 28s. Buy more than one of each issue and I knock $1 off each one you buy. First person to buy any two of these magazines gets a free beat up Eerie #4, featuring some Frazetta and Ditko art and from a bunch of other terrific artists as well. I see a lot of really high BIN prices on the Epic 1s, I don't know what that's about, hard to gauge sales of high grade copies as there are very few. These all have some awesome art and are really overlooked. B.A. 28 has Frank Miller art, Elktra an Inhumans tie-in...Good stuff.

epic_zpsvbcxgsti.jpg

I'll take one of each. Pick good ones for me.

epic_zpsvbcxgsti.jpg

I'll take one of each. Pick good ones for me.

I'll take one of each as well. And if Joey doesn't want the Eerie #4 I will take it.

:takeit:

Also have the the Micronauts #1 for $10 please.

Thanks, CB

OK, one of each magazine and the micronauts.

----------------

I think that leaves two of each magazine left if anyone is interested.

So, as of right now, before I list more stuff, the following is are still available:

2 NM or better copies each of magazines -- Epic 1 at $14 each, Bizarre Adventures 27 at $10 each, and Bizarre Adventures 28 and $13 each.

-----------------

Justice League of America 32 (1st Brain Storm) NM - $215

Flash 129 (2d Kid Flash) Good+ - $20

Iron Fist 15/Mark Jewelers (1st Byrne on X-Men), nice on front, stained on back - $10

Thor 337 (1st Beta Ray Bill) VF+ - $20

Ms. Marvel 23 (last issue/GOTG appearance) VF - $12

Daredevil 181 (Death of Elektra, Frank Miller) NM - $25

Flash 155 VG-, Flash 173 Fine - (Golden Age Flash/Kid Flash cross-over), Flash 157 is VG+

Flash 159 VG+, Flash 162 VG-, Flash 176 VG+, Flash 183 Fine + - $50 for the group

Take another 10% off any of the above except for the magazines

OK, I passed out. A couple before I get into bed:

Howard the Duck 1. VF-. Printer's crease through Spidey on the cover, which is common with this issue. $35

howard1_zpsdelcbves.jpg

howard1back_zpshjlpkn6y.jpg

-----------------

Another She Hulk 1, but this has some dinging on the top left (could use a press up there), some creasing on the bottom right (which a press probably would not fix). 5.0 - 5.5. $10.

she1_zpssuc7i2pp.jpg

she1back_zpszeoiv8sg.jpg

---------------------------

A nice Rom 1. VF/NM to NM-. Bottom right corner has some wear, probably knocks it out of NM contention. $18. A really terrible scan, my apologies.

rom1_zpsbdk84z1f.jpg

rom1back_zpsm9htsxsr.jpg

--------------

Marvel Spotlight 32, 1st Spiderwoman. VF+, a little bit of light spine wear mainly. $37.

spotlight32_zpsxt5jvlxq.jpg

spotlight32back_zpszsk8jaq3.jpg

------------------------------------------------

Black Panther 1. VG+. $18

black1_zpshq60ib8y.jpg

----------------------

Finally, some Atlas horror and I am off to bed. Mystic 43. Fair with some spine splitting/chipping, while the cover is still attached, and the back ain't pretty either. Note how i folded a corner when scanning. Great job.. Looking for $23.

mystic_zpshnlezf9p.jpg

mysticback_zpsdbz234rn.jpg