• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Letter from a disgruntled buyer: On inflated shipping charges

30 posts in this topic

I honestly would be happy to receive some slabs in the mail that arrived undamaged for only $32.00.

Sounds reasonable to me. (shrug)

I am in Canada though and know little of your "inside the USA" shipping.

But I don't want to suck it up. I want to have my cake and eat it, too.

And three books, Junkdrawer. Doesn't anyone read before they post? :jokealert:

No coffee, early morning skim reading, some how i caught Fantastic Four Slabs. I did catch myself later but too lazy to edit. I figured no one would care, but my point would be taken anyways. :foryou:

So you knew the cost before you bid on the item or was it afterwards?

Exactly. It is Friday, after all.

Yes, I knew I was overpaying for shipping, I paid anyway because BOMIX! (and the two obscure issues of my FF Byrne run had been hard to find and I have no patience), and I figured I'd try contacting them afterwards.

I would not expect much sympathy.

The time for negotiations was before purchase

Yup. He knew what the shipping charges were before buying and he bought anyway. Suck it up, buttercup

Yeah, this one is all on the buyer/OP.

I tried to make it clear from my tone that I was having fun with a Friday post. ed picked up on my intoxicated state. I've never had a Friday post, and I wanted to get that in. Bucket list and all that.

Seller did make me whole though. Error in the cost. Which is great, I'll buy more from these people.

herobin.com gets (thumbs u

I tried to make it clear from my tone that I was having fun with a Friday post. ed picked up on my intoxicated state. I've never had a Friday post, and I wanted to get that in. Bucket list and all that.

Seller did make me whole though. Error in the cost. Which is great, I'll buy more from these people.

Needs more angst and belligerence. I give it a 3.5.

Completely losing your mess and going off the deep end whilst claiming intoxication brings more drama to the yard.

Please do better next time.

Public Safety Announcement

"Don't Drink and Post!!!" brought to you by F.A.N.G. (Feminists Against Neanderthal Guys)