• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Doom Patrol #99 - 1st Beast Boy

6 posts in this topic

I've included scans and photos.

Of note:

Distribution spray on top goes onto back cover and tops of interior pages.

Crinkling / creasing at top of front cover.

Scuffing / fading on bottom of front cover.

Staples are rusted (hopefully not too bad). I took pictures of the exterior and centerfold.

The dark mark at the bottom of the top staple on the FC is not rust; it is dark pink from the art.

LMK; wasn't sure how much the staples will impact grade.

Nice looking copy - the staples appear to have been cleaned at the centerfold.

5.5 - 6.0 (You may as well clean them on the cover as well.)

hm Interesting thought, though (and we are just speculating here), wouldn't someone clean the outside staples, too (or first) since they are easier to get to than inside?

I don't know the complete pedigree of this comic, but I don't think anyone has messed with the staples.

Nice looking copy - the staples appear to have been cleaned at the centerfold.

5.5 - 6.0 (You may as well clean them on the cover as well.)

hm Interesting thought, though (and we are just speculating here), wouldn't someone clean the outside staples, too (or first) since they are easier to get to than inside?

I don't know the complete pedigree of this comic, but I don't think anyone has messed with the staples.

Just the opposite, cleaning the outside is much harder as if you're not careful, you'll get ink rub off the cover. (Try it on a throw away - you'll see what I mean.) At the centerfold it's only newsprint, which doesn't show erasure marks if you slip off the staple. The dead giveaway here is that there is migration to the newsprint at the CF, but no longer rust on the staples where the migration would have occurred.

Btw, this is a perfect example of "conservation" as opposed to restoration. It's not a bad thing to clean staples, as long as it is done properly. How do you get to Carnegie Hall?