• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spider-Man 3 Movie - Who's Your Pick - Greengobby or Hobgobby?

25 posts in this topic

You're forgetting Hydro Man, The Vulture, Mysterio...hell why don't they have the entire Sinister Six and destroy any chance for decent character development...Just so long as Marvel does not butcher their villians like Batmans villians were butchered (Mr. Freeze as Arny!? c'mon!) and stay somewhat close to the original stories, they're ok in my book.

I'm hearin' ya...one villain at a time please! I think they could get away with a second villain if Harry comes back as the GG since he will have been fully developed by the 3rd film, but any more than that will be a distraction. The Batman and DD films both suffered from too many villains with too little character development...

Additionally, they suffered from over-exposure! Did we really need 4 Batman movies? Did we need 2 Crow movies (or even 1?)? Do we really need 3 Spider-man flicks?

Daredevil suffered, IMO, partially because Spidey was so successful. People expect another Spider-man size hit. It's not gonna happen. Look at the Batman Movie trend. Batman came out, then a bunch of other super-hero movies come out (none do anywhere near the biz that Batman did).....

This is the same story all over again. 1st Spidey was great, a huge hit. Now, here come all the other super-hero movies. Next we'll get a watered down Spidey 2, and an even worse Spidey 3. Can't Hollywood just let a good thing be?

Chris

Umm..you're kidding me right? You think a movie with a duo of villains like Kraven/Chameleon would dominate a movie? That's nuts, neither would be good enough to hold the movie on their own, yet together it'd make a solid play. You can do so much with their relationship between the two, not to mention their abilities are feasible to be presented on the screen without making the movie into a cartoon. I think they'd be far deeper characters on screen then most of the other better Spiderman COMIC villains.

Brian

This is the same story all over again. 1st Spidey was great, a huge hit. Now, here come all the other super-hero movies. Next we'll get a watered down Spidey 2, and an even worse Spidey 3. Can't Hollywood just let a good thing be?

Amen to that...my prediction is that in 5 years, you won't be able to give away the movie rights to a comic book property once all these watered-down sequels and second/third-tier characters get developed and bomb at the box office.

Gene