• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

15 Superhero TV Shows That Could Have Been

43 posts in this topic

Is that Ted Knight he's about to kick on the Captain America poster? lol

Ironically, they wanted Dolph Lungren for the sequel, but he was already doing The Punisher.

Captain-America-2-Death-Too-Soon-Miguel-7.jpg

What an incredible actor wasted on a throwaway villain.

Besides a young Maud Adams, he really elevated "The Man With The Golden Gun", more than it deserved. He also turned in fine work for the so-so "Attack of the Clones".

Daredevil (1989)

In 1983, ABC paid acclaimed writer Stirling Silliphant (Perry Mason, Alfred Hitchcock Presents) to pen a -script for a live-action show but that project was quickly scrapped. However, NBC would try their hand a jump-starting a live-action series by including Matt Murdock/Daredevil in a featured role in their TV movie, The Trial of the Incredible Hulk.

The character, played by Rex Smith, was fairly true to the comics in tone but his origins were changed and the costume was more “ninja-inspired”, featuring an all-black outfit, minus the signature horns and famous “DD” logo on his chest. That outfit would appear twice more in the “Daredevil: The Man Without Fear” comic miniseries and the 2015 live-action show. While the network fully intended to use the movie as a backdoor pilot for the character, nothing ever materialized from it.

tumblr_inline_nmm8nk2hKI1rq5p7o_540.jpg

These are selling pretty briskly at Walmart I guess. I saw the last one at the Hooksett one and still wouldn't buy it. Yeah, I guess I'm getting a tad bit burnt-out and getting a little picky now. Add on "Full Screen" and no docs. This should cost $3.74!