• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bronze ASMs; Comic Book Spinner Rack; Visions ('81-'82)...CLOSED.

52 posts in this topic

Batman #239 CGC 8.0 (OWW) :news: SOLD.

Hard to let this one go. Picked it up, pretty sure, from LoneTree here on the Boards. This was definitely the first funny book I remember reading as a kid. Have my original copy--a solid 0.5 (:lol:)--and some raw copies, but this is the highest grade one I've owned.

image.jpg29_zpsuxuliupu.jpg

Visions #3 FN-

(Early Flaming Carrot appearance)

This is straight from the 1981 Atlanta Comic Book and Fantasy Fair (which evolved, I think, into DragonCon). I was there as a kid who had just turned 14--so original owner copy.

image.jpg57_zps3gcnaknc.jpg

image.jpg58_zpsgnvgjlh1.jpg

Here's a twofer from the next year in Atlanta. The program--Visions #4 Fine minus--and a t-shirt. Unfortunately, I'm missing the pic of the Visions front cover--which is real nice. (I'll try and get that later.)

I didn't wear this t-shirt much at all. When I was a 14-year-old kid, I was a long-distance runner, short and skinny. It fit back in the day. (It's a medium [38-40], 50% cotton, 50% polyester.) Now, weighing in at 220-odd pounds, if I were to attempt to put this on, it would be some kind of comedy show or inspiration for middle-age weight loss.

image.jpg1_zps11gco3np.jpg

image.jpg52_zpsp5vtxhzu.jpg

Comic book spinner rack--unfortunately, minus the bottom piece that gets you the spin. Feel free, anyone, to chime in on how easy (or not) this is to remedy.

My understanding is that this comic book spinner rack dates from the late 1950s to mid-1970s, with ones like these still around into the early 1980s. Kind of a gnarly pic to start things with, but it gets better. Have had this in the kitchen since late 2011, but the call of debt elimination beckons like some kind of bird from on high.

Relive your childhood in the 7-Eleven. Mark your calendar for that free slurpee next summer (July 11, aka 7/11), acquire a superhero Slurpee cup from the mid-1970s--and then you're ready to party like it's 1979! :headbang:

Local pick-up only. In the Atlanta area--Buford, GA, to be exact.

image.jpg50_zpseaikz8le.jpg

image.jpg47_zpsp3jumpir.jpg

image.jpg49_zpsb8ykilkz.jpg

Junior Miss #33 FR/GD

Rust on top staple, slight migration @ cf; and, as you can see, a, ahem, slight issue with the urc & lrc. (Yes, straight on through! :eek:)

*Definite piece of history/selling point: in this book is an editorial response--from Marvel--to comicdom's patron saint, Dr. Fredric Wertham.

image.jpg1_zpsgg3mfjzu.jpg

Joe Palooka #23 VG/FN :news: SOLD.

This one was tough to grade. VF territory all the way, EXCEPT for one of the interior pages has a small to moderate piece missing at the bottom right corner (does not affect art or story). This book is SWEET for a 1948 specimen--not to mention the cover--and the inside covers and pages are nice too.

image.jpg53_zpsw45wfuks.jpg

Visions #3 FN-

(Early Flaming Carrot appearance)

This is straight from the 1981 Atlanta Comic Book and Fantasy Fair (which evolved, I think, into DragonCon). I was there as a kid who had just turned 14--so original owner copy.

image.jpg57_zps3gcnaknc.jpg

image.jpg58_zpsgnvgjlh1.jpg

Here's a twofer from the next year in Atlanta. The program--Visions #4 Fine minus--and a t-shirt.

Worn maybe once or twice. (Me. :blush:) Medium (38-40), 50% cotton, 50% polyester. Basically a kids' t-shirt.

image.jpg1_zps11gco3np.jpg

image.jpg52_zpsp5vtxhzu.jpg