• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

POLL: TOP CLASSIC COVERS OF THE BRONZE AGE?

Action 419  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Action 419

45 posts in this topic

Great covers all. But once again, poor old DC war winds up sucking the hind teat.

GI Combat 136. GI Combat 145. GI Combat 150.

Our Army at War 215. Our Army at War 244.

Weird War 7. Weird War 12

Star Spangled War 154.

Our Fighting Forces 139. Our Fighting Forces 150.

Blitzkrieg #1.

Except for WW#12, all Papa Joe Kubert.

My 2 cents. Still, there are a lot of great covers on the existing list.

Shep

seems like a redo of this poll, with only the top ten or so included, might be kind of kewl

I agree. What was discussed was taking the top winners of this poll, waiting a few months to receive new nominations of covers we overlooked in the first round, then pitting the winners of this poll against the new ones, ultimately, with the idea of "the best" covers winning.

In the new poll, I will take the top ten winners from this poll. If anyone has other covers to nominate, you now have your chance to speak up. Nominating more than 3 or so each will only overwhelm the poll, so if you want to nominate some covers, please do so, but not more than three each. I am going to nominate House of Mystery 236, Conan Annual 1, and Detective 403, all covers I think are spectacular and were overlooked. Are there any good bronze, humor, Charlton, romance, Gold Key, western, war, etc., covers that may have been overlooked?

Taking earlier suggestions, we will use comics from the bronze age and will assume that the bronze age starts in January 1970. Nothing earlier will qualify.

I think this new poll will be much more successful if we have scans of all the comics nominated, so, if you can, nominate a comic with a scan. Not necessary, but it would be helpful and save me a lot of work. That will help me to have a picture of each in the poll. This will also enable us to see covers we haven't seen before in some cases.

I will wait a couple weeks, then create the new poll. Any suggestions are welcome. If we don't see any more new nominations, will that mean there's no interest or that we should just go with the comics that people already said should be included?

So, everyone, ...keep voting if you haven't done so, feel free to nominate bronze covers, and make any suggestions here you think will be helpful in creating a new poll.

Joe