• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - INVOICES WILL BE SENT OUT VIA PM TOMORROW

29 posts in this topic

Boba's :preach: OLD COMICS FOR SALE

RULES :rulez: No HOS'ers or Probies (tsk)

"I'll Take It" sign (or text) posted in the thread wins over PM's.

Payment: Paypal, Check or Money order (funds must clear)

SHIPPING All books will be Shipped via USPS Priority Mail.

Raw: $5. - 1 to 3 books, $7. - 4 to 6 books, $10. - 7 to an unlimited # books.

Slabs: $10 via USPS Priority Mailing. I combine shipping for added savings.

GRADING: All the books grades are a blend of the current owners assessments and my own opinion as a collector of comics for the last 40 some-odd years. I'll be posting computer scans of all the books - certain bigger books needing a little more detail may get photos as well. I'm also going to check the inside pages on each book as I post them to make sure there's no issues there.

But as no one is perfect and everyone is their own authority on comic book grading, I leave it to the buyer to look closely at the photos, and ask any questions you may have if you got them and draw your own conclusions as to the grade. If anyone disagrees with a grade posted, please don't hesitate to send me a PM about it and I'll respond promptly and correct the discrepancy.

ADJUSTMENTS & REFUNDS: If anyone is unhappy with their purchase, I will refund their money when the book is returned to me in the condition in which it was sent. I may even pay the tow both ways if I really goofed up. Contact me if there's a problem, as maybe there's a compromise we can work out if you prefer to keep the book.

BACKGROUND ON THE BOOKS: I was asked by a friend who is a passionate comic collector, to help him sell his dupes and reader copies. This fellow read most of the books and kept detailed records. I have a lot of confidence that the books are not missing pages or coupons. There's one trimmed book that will be posted later, but it's clearly marked as trimmed (and a real heartbreaker it is).

Undetected flaws will be addressed - simply contact me and we'll work it out.

I'm hoping to continue to get more books from my friend and I would like to offer them here before taking them to eBay, as that place is not as warm and friendly to comic collectors as it used to be and besides you don't even know who the heck you're selling to.

I'm going to list books in alphabetical order and occasionally if I find something neat that I want to slot it - like this 1st book I'm jumping ahead to the letter "B"!

So here goes - B for Brave and Bold

Action Comics #255 (DC, 1959)

First Bizarro Lois Lane (cover story).

Both Bizarros leave Earth to make Bizarro World. Third appearance of Supergirl. Curt Swan cover. Howard Sherman and Jim Mooney art.

Grade: 2.5 Pages with some tanning on the edges - tears at staples go about 3/16th's of an inch into the book. All attached at staples.

Not a bad looking book in hand.

PRICE: $0

ACTION255cJS_zpsx7iklj0v.jpg

ACTION255bJS_zpsuypcpj8j.jpg

someone should jump on this, seems like a steal for $0

Both Bizarros leave Earth to make Bizarro World. Third appearance of Supergirl. Curt Swan cover. Howard Sherman and Jim Mooney art.

Grade: 2.5 Pages with some tanning on the edges - tears at staples go about 3/16th's of an inch into the book. All attached at staples.

I very much doubt you are really asking $0, but if you are, I'll take it! :)

Great price

Great price

meh. I've seen better.

:jokealert: