• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superheroes and Sex

46 posts in this topic

I know Peter Parker is Married, but who did he first make love to? Mary Jane? Black Cat? What Issue?

Then some like Thor, Dr. Strange, Bruce Banner, Captain America seem almost sterile and so polite. Did they ever have a bedroom encounter?

Who is the oldest comic book virgin?

Then some like Thor, Dr. Strange, Bruce Banner, Captain America seem almost sterile and so polite. Did they ever have a bedroom encounter?

You're so far off base with Thor and Dr. Strange there, I dunno what to tell you. Both of them were pretty clearly getting action as early as the writers were allowed to slip that sort of subtext past the censors.

This was a funny post. In the silver age sex is RARE. I think a few times you would see a panel were a couple would have a hanging gun outside a door? but I think that was the Bronze age? It would signify sex. Comics like DC and Marvel did not really have much sex since they were for children...They also had to follow code. In the 70s things changed. You had Batman having sex with Talia Ghul. There are some famous ones but in the silver age? Can anyone give a panel or hint from DC or Marvel?

This was a funny post. In the silver age sex is RARE. I think a few times you would see a panel were a couple would have a hanging gun outside a door? but I think that was the Bronze age?

It was late Silver Age. You're thinking of Steranko's Nick Fury.

Here's the classic wordless sex scene, from #2, published in July of 1968:

furycontessa.jpg

This was a funny post. In the silver age sex is RARE. I think a few times you would see a panel were a couple would have a hanging gun outside a door? but I think that was the Bronze age?

furycontessa.jpg

yes that's it! thank you. I remember reading that comic long ago.

furycontessa.jpg

Wait, I don't get it, the gun symbolizes what exactly?

furycontessa.jpg

John Lennon may have said it best:

Happiness is a warm gun, momma

(Bang Bang Shoot Shoot)

When I hold you in my arms

(Ooooooooohhh, oh yeah!)

And when I feel my finger on your trigger

I know nobody can do me no harm

Because happiness is a warm gun, momma

It's not just the gun..... it's the gun in the holster that makes that panel great.

furycontessa.jpg

Brilliant.

It's not just the gun..... it's the gun in the holster that makes that panel great.

Haha, awesome. Maybe the code was a good thing so that we could all have these laughs now.

furycontessa.jpg

(Bang Bang Shoot Shoot)

(Ooooooooohhh, oh yeah!)

The gun the Beatles a referring to is obviously a syringe. The trigger is the plunger. The warm, well heroin enters the vein with a burning sensation. That's the interpretation that I always hear.

furycontessa.jpg

(Bang Bang Shoot Shoot)

(Ooooooooohhh, oh yeah!)

The gun the Beatles a referring to is obviously a syringe. The trigger is the plunger. The warm, well heroin enters the vein with a burning sensation. That's the interpretation that I always hear.

Actually, Lennon equated it to sex and not heroin.