• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Jungle Book - Disney (2016)

59 posts in this topic

Basically my favorite Disney movie is coming to life.

They had me at Bill Murray as Baloo the bear.

Scarlett Johansson - Kaa

Idris Elba - Shere Khan

Bill Murray - Baloo

Ben Kingsley - Bagheera

Christopher Walken - King Louie

Also with Giancarlo Esposito and Lupita Nyong'o

Right?! Christopher Walken as King Louie :whee:

:whee:

I can actually sing that song word for word... along with Bare Necessities and many other Disney songs.

I used to work for them and you would hear the same things over and over and over and over again. Dealt with collectables and selling animation which is what developed my affection for collecting animation for those interested btw.

I don't think that this is being filmed with any of the classic songs... if there are the classic songs they are incidental to the background like in Pirates when they went to the Pirate town and the Pirates were singing the Disney Pirate song in the background at the Pirate BaRrrrrr.

My family and I are looking forward to this one. Isn't that Bear Necessities at the end of the trailer? hm

yes that's Baloo whistling it. So far all accounts do not have this pegged with a single song and dance number. However, Baloo the bear is by all accounts a beach bum type of personality so he may hum or sing a song incidental to the scene.

My family and I are looking forward to this one. Isn't that Bear Necessities at the end of the trailer? hm

yes that's Baloo whistling it. So far all accounts do not have this pegged with a single song and dance number. However, Baloo the bear is by all accounts a beach bum type of personality so he may hum or sing a song incidental to the scene.

As far as songs go, I actually hope Baloo whistling or humming is the extent of it. I think the singing would just take away from the seriousness of it.

That's what I thought too.

Twice I have been the underbidder for a cel from this sequence when they have come up on Heritage. One day...

Walt Disney Studios has released a new tease for the soon to be released second full trailer for The Jungle Book.

The clip, released as a Vine on Twitter, features sneak peeks at Baloo, Bagheera, Shere Khan, and Kaa, and King Louie.

That's what I thought too.

Twice I have been the underbidder for a cel from this sequence when they have come up on Heritage. One day...

One day came this Monday... didn't go for the cels though... went for the original pencils... I know I posted this in the Art Forum part of the boards... but I saw that this was just bumped and wanted to share here since I said back in September that I wanted some art from the original flick.

These are the pencils for Disney's the Jungle Book (1967). I thought about picking up a cel but this was too hard to resist in obtaining a set of production drawings of the principal cast of characters... The two images of Baloo the Bear are of great value to me. I've wanted some original art from the Jungle Book for many years and thanks to the last Heritage auction I can knock that collecting goal off my bucket list.

Jungle%20Book%201.png

Jungle%20Book%202.png

Jungle%20Book%203.png

Jungle%20Book%204.png

Jungle%20Book%205.png

Saw the preview before force awakens and honestly I dont see how this movie succeeds.

It's too intense for young kids to see (based on the action sequences in the trailer).

If they dont distance it from the original then older kids and adults arent going to be interested in it either.... its not a date movie... I dont know who goes to see this.

Im guessing it's going to be PG-13...

Saw the preview before force awakens and honestly I dont see how this movie succeeds.

It's too intense for young kids to see (based on the action sequences in the trailer).

If they dont distance it from the original then older kids and adults arent going to be interested in it either.... its not a date movie... I dont know who goes to see this.

Im guessing it's going to be PG-13...

Also interesting how this and Tarzan are coming out so close together.

Two jungle movies in a span of a few months? I wonder who wins between them at the box office? hm