• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Jungle Book - Disney (2016)

59 posts in this topic

My wife and I just got back from seeing this. Easily 8/10. The directing, CG, and of course the story were incredibly enjoyable. Lots of applause from the theater audience as well. I'll for sure be buying this on Balooray. ;)

My wife and I just got back from seeing this. Easily 8/10. The directing, CG, and of course the story were incredibly enjoyable. Lots of applause from the theater audience as well. I'll for sure be buying this on Balooray. ;)

lol Very good ! :applause:

I see the RT is off again with their 95% (164 reviews) on it. I'm glad we able to expose their rating system as bogus after B v S. I mean at 18 reviews so far, Cap Amer: Civil War is at 94%. Yeah right.

lol

Even I one of the biggest supporters of BvS will admit this is funny.

:roflmao:

‘Jungle Book’ Roars To Well Over $100M

When the dust clears tomorrow, Disney’s The Jungle Book will likely be the No. 2 April opener of all time only behind 2011’s Furious 7 which took in $147.1M last year. If estimates hold, The Jungle Book’s three-day gross will be anywhere from $101M to $103M and it could go higher by Sunday night. Either way, it will surpass Captain America: The Winter Soldier which grabbed $95M in April, 2104 to take the second spot. Previous estimates had the picture’s three-day gross at $87M to $88M.

Looking at The Jungle Book CinemaScore breakdown: 97% of the audience gave the film an A or a B. The total positive response from PostTrak was also a very high 92%. It is 95% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes. It’s also a very high “definite recommend.” The film got A’s from both the under and over 25 crowd and A+ among those under 18 years of age and also for the over-50 audience. Word-of-mouth on this picture is going to give it very strong legs going into May.

I see the RT is off again with their 95% (164 reviews) on it. I'm glad we able to expose their rating system as bogus after B v S. I mean at 18 reviews so far, Cap Amer: Civil War is at 94%. Yeah right.

lol

No doubt, one big conspiracy. Similarly, everyone who posted on the forums that said they didn't like b v s completely was paid off by Disney. Sofia Vergara handed me a huge case of Snickers after i left the theater for B v S so that I would rate it a 6.0 instead of them 10.0 it deserved.

lol

No doubt, one big conspiracy. Similarly, everyone who posted on the forums that said they didn't like b v s completely was paid off by Disney. Sofia Vergara handed me a huge case of Snickers after i left the theater for B v S so that I would rate it a 6.0 instead of them 10.0 it deserved.

And anyone posting they liked Batman v Superman is being paid off by DC/Warner through Warner Bros. Shop.com points. But you can only apply the points towards chess sets and t-shirts. I've got mine pre-ordered already!

Batman Gotham Cityscape Chess Set with LED Light-Up Board

CmtKo50.jpg

:whee:

lol Very good ! :applause:

Seconded :applause:

Saw this movie with few friends together. I thought it was a good enjoyable movie, lots of great CGI effects. It seems like has more depth than the original animated movie. I assumed they have took a few pages out from the original novel? hm

Basically my favorite Disney movie is coming to life.

Buzz, have you seen this yet? Very well done, I thought.

Just enough musical scenes to keep it fun but enough awesome cinematic scenes to make it look like a blockbuster.

Did anyone catch the nod to Apocalypse Now and General Kurtz when King Louie is introduced?

It was absolutely brilliant. Favreau is coming into his own as a director.