• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron man 128 Splash....

1 post in this topic

Ladies and gentlemens,

I won this in the last Clink auction sort of in error...at the beginning of the auction I was putting in tracking bids and did not completely read this and realized a week later when I looked again that it was a recreation....soooo now I am the proud owner.

However I am not into recreations (though this is very nice and a bob layton piece) and if anyone is interested in buying it at the same price I did, please let me know.

Shipping would be $15.00

Thanks,

Steve

IRON MAN #128 PAGE 1 TITLE SPLASH RECREATION - The Auction Has Ended

Item description:

2014, Classic "Demon in a Bottle" Scene revisited

Primary Artist Name: BOB LAYTON

Secondary Artist Name:

Year: 2014

Current Bid: $450

Number Of Bids: 20

End Date: 9/10/2015 10:02:42 PM

ComicLink Comments:

On this piece, the great Bob Layton recreates the splash page from the most famous issue of his epic first run on Iron Man--issue #128's "Demon in a Bottle." In this famous story, Tony Stark confronts his problem with alcohol.

Starting as an apprentice to Wally Wood, Bob Layton was able to break in to Marvel as an inker on Iron Man in the mid 70s. He moved to DC where he inked Joe Staton on the All-Star Comics and then returned to Marvel to co-write Iron Man with David Micheline and provide inks over a young John Romita Jr.'s pencils. The team established Tony Stark's alcoholism and introduced key new supporting characters including James "War Machine" Rhodes. Layton would go on to co-found the Valiant Universe along with Jim Shooter and Barry Windsor-Smith. This art has an image area of approximately 10" x 15".

http://www.comiclink.com/img/comics/scans/RADED2632015727_142411.jpg