• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fresh CGC Slabs HULK #1 JIM #83 STRANGE TALES #110

22 posts in this topic

All original purchases - from the rack. In fact I got TTA #35, JIM #83 & AF #15 all the same day

in what year did this miracle occur?

June 5th 1962, by sheer coincidence you can see them in this still from the TV series The Nakes City at a newsstand filmed at the same period.

38a1044ae39ec30f710f2a1ddacd487e_zpsbdrfbmdd.jpg

TTA #34 was released the same month as af15 and Jim83 but it's highly likely when you bought these that TTA #35 was just released and the other two titles had been in-store for a short while.

So cool to see these in the wild during that time period. Wish I had a garbage eating DeLorian right about now....

All original purchases - from the rack. In fact I got TTA #35, JIM #83 & AF #15 all the same day

in what year did this miracle occur?

June 5th 1962, by sheer coincidence you can see them in this still from the TV series The Nakes City at a newsstand filmed at the same period.

38a1044ae39ec30f710f2a1ddacd487e_zpsbdrfbmdd.jpg

TTA #34 was released the same month as af15 and Jim83 but it's highly likely when you bought these that TTA #35 was just released and the other two titles had been in-store for a short while.

There were always two different cover months on Marvel books for each newsstand month. The house ads are good examples of this, as were the checklists.

AF15, JIM83 and TTA35 were all released on June 5, 1962 -- a Tuesday.