• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - Thanks!

126 posts in this topic

Thor 162, 9.4, OW, $175

Just a gorgeous cover. Galactus is bridging the gap into Asgard while some off-camera Asgardian fires some super hand-cannon into Big G's torso. Thor is drawn in warm colors contrasting the cool, muted colors of his peerage, Big G, his fellow Asgardians, and their surroundings. Just purty.

BXFUWMml.jpg

Lwk3ovdl.jpg

Thor 168, 9.0, OWW, $139 :news: SOLD!

Galactus is super big angry. And why wouldn't he be? This is part one of his origin retelling. Nobody authorized this in advance with him, and not with his agent either. So yeah, he's trying to shut Thor and his big trap up. Once you get enough honey mead in that dude, his lips could sink ships. And more Kirby goodness. Nice colors and whites on this, very well centered, a pretty copy for the scrupulous collector.

TLM1slGl.jpg

DJV8pial.jpg

Thor 169, 9.4, OWW, $169 :news: Going to a good home. :)

This one might just be my favorite of Kirby's Thor and Galactus covers. The Galactus montage done in blues, from penciling to coloring, is a genius work from both Kirby and Klein. Once again, Thor is done in bright, warm covers that draw attention away from the muted colors. But the empty negative image of Galactus is pretty bad-.

Centering is a bit off on the top front right, but it's a nice copy, as you can see.

tY93sgGl.jpg

VAyZ2I8l.jpg

Thor 169, 9.4, OWW, $169

This one might just be my favorite of Kirby's Thor and Galactus covers. The Galactus montage done in blues, from penciling to coloring, is a genius work from both Kirby and Klein. Once again, Thor is done in bright, warm covers that draw attention away from the muted colors. But the empty negative image of Galactus is pretty bad-.

Centering is a bit off on the top front right, but it's a nice copy, as you can see.

tY93sgGl.jpg

VAyZ2I8l.jpg

:takeit: per PM

Anyone who buys an available Galactus comic gets their choice of these: The GotG cover or the pair of Galactus Covers. The same or next person to do the same gets the remaining choice. These comics were ones I intented to send to CGC after pre-grading them and expecting 9.6's or betters.

H0QXfeym.jpg

lKynye9m.jpg

And I hope that at least a few people have an interest in some nice Cloak and Dagger slabs. Most of them will go cheap and are either 9.6s or 9.8s.

C'mon, if you are close to my age, you had the hots for Dagger at some point. Or, who knows, maybe Cloak was your fantasy. It's all good. :headbang:

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #6, CGC 9.8, W, $35

Rogue's Gallery cover, Big Herp De Perp in the back.

If you were like me, you read every comic of this series and practically all the tie-ins. I was Marvel's sucker, buying their cross-selling scheme as much as I could.

AseBaKkl.jpg

cb8udsul.jpg

Rom 26, 9.6, W, $25 :news: SOLD!

Bill Mantlo story and great Al Milgrom cover. Sal Buscema and Joe Sinnot did the interior art. Rom was a quirky hero that I felt ambivalent about when I was young. Something about him drew me to the comic, but his cheeseball appearance and grocery scanner gun always turned me off. But this cover and the next one are just too great to pass up.

IiVx6Pil.jpg

CkhZ6qkl.jpg

Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man 64, 9.6, $160

I've several of these with miswraps, many of them quite pronounced. This is one of the straighter copies that I've owned. I saw for auction a 9.8 with a razor straight wrap once. :cloud9:

First Appearance of Cloak and Dagger, an intriguing street-level duo filled angst and self-guilt that must have been inspired by Miller's work on Daredevil. Bill Mantlo would do terrific work with these two, and Al Milgrom knocked out some excellent covers for these two, as would Carl Potts later.

AAOK9wFl.jpg

g26HeP1l.jpg

:hi: keep on posting my friend

I might do some more tonight, but hey, I've got all week. :)

I am clearing out quite a bit. Yet another "What do I really want to buy, and why do I want to buy it, and where do I want to spend my money" phase. :P

I am in exactly the same place.

That Fantastic Four #5 really hurt. It would have been the PERFECT replacement for my copy. :(

Oh well, great books David! (thumbs u

:hi: keep on posting my friend

I might do some more tonight, but hey, I've got all week. :)

I am clearing out quite a bit. Yet another "What do I really want to buy, and why do I want to buy it, and where do I want to spend my money" phase. :P

I am in exactly the same place.

That Fantastic Four #5 really hurt. It would have been the PERFECT replacement for my copy. :(

Oh well, great books David! (thumbs u

I feel your pain Claudio that was a great book at a great price!!! I would have picked that up and sold mine in heart beat if I had seen it sooner!!