• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sothebys

29 posts in this topic

All great results for sure, maybe crazy....I've always felt herriman is way under valued, this price is getting closer to what I value them.....Same with the Mccay Nemos....those artists are a couple of the premier innovators of the genre.

I was half joking. It's just that I don't like to see prices going up, as it means less affordable art for me. ;)

I'm also a bit surprised by the fact that most pieces either didn't sell, or sold for higher than the estimation max.

I was half joking. It's just that I don't like to see prices going up, as it means less affordable art for me. ;)

I'm also a bit surprised by the fact that most pieces either didn't sell, or sold for higher than the estimation max.

I'm with you on that!

Looks like the Alex Raymond did double the estimate

Not surprising, it might have done even better if sold in the US. A gorgeous piece from Raymond`s absolute peak period on Flash Gordon.

Raymond`s work is absolutely on fire at the moment.