• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DENNIS THE MENACE from Warner Bros.

6 posts in this topic

New Dennis The Menace Movie In The Works

dennis-the-menace-154096.jpg

Warner Bros is teaming with producer Gil Netter to bring Dennis the Menace back to the big screen after more than twenty years, Tracking Board reports. The intentions are there, anyway, though no writer, director, and certainly no stars have been attached as of yet.

The studio is making it a priority, however, looking for a new family franchise to compliment their young adult and adult movies like their DC Comics franchise they're currently building. Netter is also currently producing The Graveyard Book, an adaptation of a Neil Gaiman novel.

‘Dennis the Menace’ Remake Lands Writer

Warner Bros. has hired “The Boy” screenwriter Stacey Menear to write the -script for its remake of “Dennis the Menace,” Variety has learned.

The project is being produced by Gil Netter. There are no directors or actors attached.

“Dennis the Menace” was originally launched by Hank Ketcham as a syndicated comic strip in 1951, inspired by Ketcham’s four-year-old son Dennis and his penchant for mischief. The name was inspired by his wife Alice, who said at the time, “Your son is a menace!”

As with all comics they make into live action movies, what's the point and why would I want to see that? I like the comic for Hank Ketcham's great unique artwork and like all comics for the artwork, that is the whole point, so if you take that away, why would I care? If anything they should do a traditional animated movie and using Ketcham's style, which can be said for any comic turned into a movie. But a feature length movie really defeat's the point of the Dennis the Menace comic by stretching it out for an hour and a half. Would be better in six or seven minute animated shorts.

As with all comics they make into live action movies, what's the point and why would I want to see that? I like the comic for Hank Ketcham's great unique artwork and like all comics for the artwork, that is the whole point, so if you take that away, why would I care? If anything they should do a traditional animated movie and using Ketcham's style, which can be said for any comic turned into a movie. But a feature length movie really defeat's the point of the Dennis the Menace comic by stretching it out for an hour and a half. Would be better in six or seven minute animated shorts.

I don't see the need either. But then again, the movie may not be targeting me.

My favorite Dennis has always been Jay North. Innocent yet explosive all in the same little kid bundle.

lol