• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Are Spidey Prices Heading Back Up?

31 posts in this topic

Well, maybe the prices aren't as high as thought. The lot I was talking about above, Lot #3040, didn't sell. The last bid was $390 and it didn't move during the live auction.

They have it on their post-auction sale for $460, which is $400 + $60 BP. That means that the high bid was only $10 under what they are willing to sell it for. It looks to me like that $390 bid was put in by Heritage to be just under the reserve and no one was willing to top it.

cosmic,

i remember last year that this book in this grade was going for over $1K, that's like more than 50% drop off rate (taken from joecollector's bashing of DD movie thread) blush.giftongue.gifgrin.gif maybe it's the economy, or dumbarse bush's looming war with iraq, or maybe even this was a non credit card auction. confused.gif

pimpy

ONE ASM 18 sold in 9.0 for $1k, and it was my book.

Well, lucky for you Matt. Sold at the right time.

I don't think we will be seeing prices hitting last summers marks for some years to come. It was THE double haeder for spidey. CGC was in its infancy and the movie hype was incredible. All added up to 'amazing' prices. shocked.gif

Its no real surprise they have cooled right off.