• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Y The Last Man 1, RESULTS ARE IN!

13 posts in this topic

Y The Last Man #1, with a couple issues:

Two dings on the spine (one clearly visible in the picture) and a 1.5 cm scratch across the back (see pic).

Again, as with my PGM Runaways 1, I'm wondering how they'd grade as-is and whether they'd be worth slabbing as-is or pressing.

Scan0096_zpslgzhfhvl.jpg

Scan0097_zpse8hkvghs.jpg

20151023_180910-1_zpswxih9riq.jpg

20151023_180847_zpsbvrkyevn.jpg

Thanks.

GRADE UPDATE:

After sending off to Joeypost for a press, this is the result:

Y_LastMan_CGC98_zpsasw2sjha.jpg

:whee::banana::whee:

Thank You Joeypost! :cool:

if that indentation on the spine at the top FC doesn't break colour, it could be worth a press. It looks to me like it does break colour...

as is grading: 9.2-9.4

Hey thanks!

With that scratch across the back, as-is I thought it would top out around 8.5/9.0 and MAYBE press into a 9.2/9.4.

It's hard for me to see color-break or not in that spine dent (there's a second one a bit to the right of the first in the picture) because it's white color. Could be though.

The "scratch" on the BC is production related;a printing defect.

With how severely the spine tic which chiefly impacts the FC (which virtually has barely any color to break to start with) coupled with the fact that the tic seems to mostly effect the FC....

Pressing would help the grade quite a bit...might be able to land you a 9.6.

The "scratch" on the BC is production related;a printing defect.

With how severely the spine tic which chiefly impacts the FC (which virtually has barely any color to break to start with) coupled with the fact that the tic seems to mostly effect the FC....

Pressing would help the grade quite a bit...might be able to land you a 9.6.

Thanks!

I looked at other examples of this issue online and didn't see the back cover "scratch/print-defect" so I assumed it was just on mine.

I think I may do a press on this and hope for the best.