• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Monkees vs Beatles

68 posts in this topic

I m always interested in hearing peoples thoughts on this. I realize there is no comparison (both groups would tell you that) but I wass reading a Monkee comic which made me think of posting the thread topic--people are pretty passionate about both

It's pretty amazing to think of the success that the created Monkees group had, but the impact of the Beatles on music, art, film (which was an inspiration for the Monkees) animation, fashion and life in general is just... staggering and incomparable to almost anything else in the history of music....

But the Monkee's TV show sure was a lot of fun!

Seems like a silly topic, though... the Monkees were formed specifically to be on television. They're basically one of the first "One Direction" or "N'Snyc" or "Backstreet Boys" or "New Kids on the Block" or "Menudo" groups.

It's a little like asking which is better NBC or QVC? lol

If you really want to have your mind blown watch the documentary "The Wrecking Crew". It wasn't just The Monkees, but just about every toe-tapping mindworm diddy you can imagine from that era.

"...the general public didn't know..." Check the Trailer for a taste - but be warned - it's some perspective-shifting stuff.

If you really want to have your mind blown watch the documentary "The Wrecking Crew". It wasn't just The Monkees, but just about every toe-tapping mindworm diddy you can imagine from that era.

"...the general public didn't know..." Check the Trailer for a taste - but be warned - it's some perspective-shifting stuff.

Thanks for posting that.

Even though Brian Wilson was the mastermind behind Pet Sounds, he still needed these musician's to play his compositions. Much like how any film composer needs an orchestra.

Thanks for posting that.

Welcome. (thumbs u

One part that stuck with me was band members, after a record was cut, being concerned of going on stage... "I'll never be able to play THAT!"

That had to be a genuine fear, some fresh jaw-dropping riff by a master-level musician and the world thinks it's YOU. :eek:

Star collector , look out here comes tomorrow, words, ..I could go on..

While I love the monkees, the Beatles are the more superior musicians and songwriters

IFC has been showing Monkee TV show reruns at night lately.,, there's also two box sets collecting the tv shows on DVD and a blu Ray of the entire series on the way ...

Seems like a silly topic, though... the Monkees were formed specifically to be on television. They're basically one of the first "One Direction" or "N'Snyc" or "Backstreet Boys" or "New Kids on the Block" or "Menudo" groups.

It's a little like asking which is better NBC or QVC? lol

This.