• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

And this one completed my Barks Scrooge run. (Yay!) I paid VG price for it, but it looks nicer than that in hand. Group shot to follow. And, yes, I know it's trimmed, but I'll live with it for now.

Finally gave up on finding one in F or better? Other than mine, I haven't seen one.

I haven't given up, but I thought this was a very presentable lower-grade copy and I was keen to have this run complete. I now have all of the original Barks Uncle Scrooge issues from FC 386 to #71. Pre-internet, this was unthinkable for me-I can remember buying the Barks Library when it came out because there was no way I'd ever own the originals.

Next up - DD Four Colors and WDC&S....

I received a stack of Four Colors as my end of a large (for me anyway) trade deal. Only 2 Ducks in the pile but I'm happy :D

I can see why! Whoa! (worship)

Yeah - if there's only two Ducks in the pile, they'd be near the top of the list. :headbang:

I received a stack of Four Colors as my end of a large (for me anyway) trade deal. Only 2 Ducks in the pile but I'm happy :D

You are killing me on those, two of only four Duck four colors I need but I am holding out for F-VF copies at the right price. They will come someday.

Congratulations! Great books to read.

You are killing me on those, two of only four Duck four colors I need but I am holding out for F-VF copies at the right price. They will come someday.

Congratulations! Great books to read.

Thanks. I can't wait to find them in F-VF b/c I would never be able to afford them. I am really happy to get the # 29 as it is a big hole filled in the FC run. :cool:

I really like that book. I've got one myself

vacationparade-1.jpg

So, I was silently jealous of all those Vacation Parade # 1 owners ...

Today, I walked into a 1/2-price book store and the first book I see is a FC Lost in the Andes priced at $ 800, that's right, no typo, $ 800 :screwy::insane:

Huhoh ... I doubt I'll find something to buy in these parts until I found this more reasonable $10 book (well, I had a coupon too :grin: ) :acclaim:

I don't know what the guy pricing these was on but I am not complaining :cool:

78865.jpg.fcc0f2115bd5480b09671d35774d12ad.jpg

78866.jpg.ea234a27e202fa0e4b594506ec6e3a2b.jpg

I really like that book. I've got one myself

vacationparade-1.jpg

So, I was silently jealous of all those Vacation Parade # 1 owners ...

Today, I walked into a 1/2-price book store and the first book I see is a FC Lost in the Andes priced at $ 800, that's right, no typo, $ 800 :screwy::insane:

Huhoh ... I doubt I'll find something to buy in these parts until I found this more reasonable $10 book (well, I had a coupon too :grin: ) :acclaim:

:o

I missed out on one on eBay that sold for $200 and it wasn't that nice. Nice pickup - he says through gritted teeth.

But at least I know my FC223 is worth $800. :insane:

Thanks! The book has its problems that the scan washes out but overall a nice book. I didn't know what it was worth (nor still do I) but I recalled one at a comic shop in the late '90's priced at $40 so I figured I had little downside. My biggest fear was that it was a reprint of some sort and not the original. I've always liked the DD story in that book :)

Thanks! The book has its problems that the scan washes out but overall a nice book. I didn't know what it was worth (nor still do I) but I recalled one at a comic shop in the late '90's priced at $40 so I figured I had little downside. My biggest fear was that it was a reprint of some sort and not the original. I've always liked the DD story in that book :)

I supect that the store mistook it for a reprint - I might be wrong, but didn't gemstone re-use that cover on a VP?

Congratulations, Michael! :applause:

If that is an original and it sure looks like it, you got a smokin' deal. If the page quality is good and corners square that is easily a $100 plus book and maybe then some. More importantly, it is an original of one of Barks' best stories ever. Early environmentalism to boot!!

Congratulations, just proves the deals are always there for those who look!

It's real alright and that was a great pickup. Here's an image of the reprint:

78919.jpg.8292f95e41c37a9137229155cd621d65.jpg

Edited by Transplant

Anyone here have any of the precursor issues to WDC & S, Mickey Mouse Magazine? I have thought about picking one of these up for sometime but never have.

Back in the early 90's when SDCC was actually quiet on Friday morning (yes Friday, I can't imagine what Thursday was like) my friend Mike (Busted Flush) and I stopped by one dealer who had got a lot of file copies of the run from the Disney archives. Man, were they sweet and the prices matched the sweetness. Anyway, I don't remember the dealer but he was nice enough to show us the whole run. Great covers?

What are the interiors like? Comics or puzzles and such??

Prepare yourself my friend. I don't know how many images tb has left up. But at one time, he had pictures of his most amazing run of MMM. They are truly spectacular. After I post this, I will see if I can find a link.