• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show Us Your Ducks!
15 15

8,448 posts in this topic

Try contacting Jerry Weist to see if it was part of the Barks' estate that he auctioned off. As you know from buying some of those books (if memory serves me), they normally would have a certificate but it could have been lost.

Here's my latest:

WDCS140fc.jpg

Congrads on the pick up. :golfclap:

A classic and one of my favorites. I too just finally added one this year. - Hank

These seven just arrived from CGC today.

th_UncleScrooge137CGC96WMN.jpgth_UncleScrooge145CGC96WMN.jpgth_UncleScrooge164CGC96WMN.jpgth_UncleScrooge175CGC96OWWMN.jpgth_UncleScrooge191CGC96WMN.jpgth_UncleScrooge219CGC98WWBC.jpgth_UncleScrooge309CGC98WWBC.jpg

"Son of the Sun" :cloud9:

"Son of the Sun" is One of my favorites too. Rosa and Byrne kept me laughing and google eyed when I couldn't afford to buy golden age.

1778213723_c614d84ce3_b.jpg

"Son of the Sun" is One of my favorites too. Rosa and Byrne kept me laughing and google eyed when I couldn't afford to buy golden age.

1778213723_c614d84ce3_b.jpg

This is the book that got me back into collecting comics. I'd given up for well over a decade until I saw it in the local newsagent. I am very grateful to Don Rosa for picking up Barks' baton.

Got another 1945 WDC&S. I bought this on ebay and it turned up exactly as graded. Of course, it turned out that the seller was a fellow boardie. Thanks Mark!

Colours are better in hand than I could get with the scanner - the shading from medium to light blue is especially nice.

WDCS63.jpg

Got another 1945 WDC&S. I bought this on ebay and it turned up exactly as graded. Of course, it turned out that the seller was a fellow boardie. Thanks Mark!

Colours are better in hand than I could get with the scanner - the shading from medium to light blue is especially nice.

WDCS63.jpg

:applause:

I was tracking the 9.6 WDCS 132 auction that just ended on Heritage's weekly auction, and was startled by the price history on this issue, demonstrating how big an impact even a little supply of HG copies can have on prices:

Aug 8 2008: CGC 9.4 copy sold for $2151 (granted, this was a crazy price)

Feb 27 2009: CGC 9.8 copy sold for $1075.50 (half of the previous 9.4 sale price!)

Aug 2 2009: CGC 9.6 copy sold for $418.25

As far as I could tell, none of these were pressed or resubbed copies of the same book, although it would've been pretty hilarious if the buyer of the 9.4 copy had way overpaid in anticipation of maximing the potential of the book, achieved his wildest dreams by pressing it into a 9.8 and then proceeded to realize 50% less. lol

WDCS63.jpg

I LOVE that issue! :applause:

I was tracking the 9.6 WDCS 132 auction that just ended on Heritage's weekly auction, and was startled by the price history on this issue, demonstrating how big an impact even a little supply of HG copies can have on prices:

Feb 27 2009: CGC 9.8 copy sold for $1075.50 (half of the previous 9.4 sale price!)

As far as I could tell, none of these were pressed or resubbed copies of the same book, although it would've been pretty hilarious if the buyer of the 9.4 copy had way overpaid in anticipation of maximing the potential of the book, achieved his wildest dreams by pressing it into a 9.8 and then proceeded to realize 50% less. lol

I am SO glad I ma happy with readers of these, that high end game is too dicey for me.

I am SO glad I ma happy with readers of these, that high end game is too dicey for me.

Agreed - just call me Mr fine to very fine.

Is this a reflection of a bigger supply of HG? Or is it the possible exit/satiation of 1 or 2 Euro Duck collectors?

This isn't the first time we've seen sales values fall precipitously from the 2008 levels.

I thought the Duck lovers might appreciate these. The original owner had Carl Barks sign each of them on the interior cover margin. He is giving up his Duck collection a bit at a time. It is also interesting to note that in the latest heritage Auction a MOC #41 in 9.2 is listed as the Highest Graded while here is one in 9.4! Enjoy! Brian Peets, A-1 Comics, Sacramento.

March-of-Comics004.jpg

March-of-Comics.jpg

March-of-Comics001.jpg

March-of-Comics002.jpg

March-of-Comics003.jpg