• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paying for signatures and receipts. Strictly Business!

26 posts in this topic

I'm writing a piece on this for Bleeding Cool at the behest of some folk. But here's a question - if the creator signed the receipt, could he or she charge for that too? Where would it end?

I see a growing market for CGC to authenticate, grade and slab signed-receipts. :grin:

Or just have signature "stamp" and inkpad sitting next to the creator for him/her or their handler to deal with receipts.

I'm writing a piece on this for Bleeding Cool at the behest of some folk. But here's a question - if the creator signed the receipt, could he or she charge for that too? Where would it end?

Well here is the Bleeding Cool article.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2015/11/10/if-you-pay-a-creator-for-a-signature-do-you-get-a-receipt-and-do-they-charge-to-sign-that/

Again, to be clear, this is about legitimizing a business. If you are are dealer of SS books in particular and you are not recording how much you spend on signatures, you are doing yourself a disservice.

If you are currently claiming on your tax forms without proof, you are opening up yourself to some potential IRS headaches.

They're insisting on cash only, and if they're claiming it or not, that's up to them----but if I'm claiming those expenses at the end of the year, I should be able to provide a receipt.

----------------

they are going to eventually get nailed if they do not report them.