• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winning an auction...and missing a book!!!!!!!!!

28 posts in this topic

I won this auction last week that included some nice keys:

Incredible Hulk 180 thumbsup2.gif

" " 181 thumbsup2.gif

Tomb of Dracula 10 thumbsup2.gif

Fantastic Four 112 thumbsup2.gif

Conan 3 893whatthe.gif

The only thing is....NO CONAN 3!!!!!!! 893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif893whatthe.gif

Here's a link: Blundered auction missing Conan 3

Most of the books in the lot were in pretty good shape and I assume the Conan 3 would have been of the same quality. Now here is the question:

1. Since refunds are available for a "misleading description", should I return the whole lot...or...

2. Try and ask for some $$$ back in return for the missing book, and if so, how much is fair to accept??

I could really use some help here guys as I am happy with what I DID receive, but this missing book has left a sour feeling in my stomach.

Advice is appreciated....

K

Ummm.. did you ask the seller about the missing book first?

1 book missing outa 281 is not unheard of. Especially in a reader lot.

Ze-

Ze-

I just went and picked up the books earlier this past evening( I live about 30 minutes from the seller). I didn't realize the book was missing until I got home and inventoried the lot.

k

I'd try for #3 - Ask for the Conan 3 since you like the books you got.

What did the seller say when they learned it was missing?

I have not notified the seller yet as the business closes at 6pm CST.

What if there is no Conan #3 and it was a typo instead??

k

Ze-

I just went and picked up the books earlier this past evening( I live about 30 minutes from the seller). I didn't realize the book was missing until I got home and inventoried the lot.

k

Should have inventoried the keys before you took the lot home. confused-smiley-013.gif

I'd ask the seller about it, chances are he still has it and forgot to send it. If it doesn't seem to exist, I'd forget about it, judging by the pictures in the auction it could as easily end up being a FR as a VG. Either way you paid less than $2 @ for these books, and it's not like the Hulk 181 was missing. Do you really want to ask the seller to kick back $5 on a $500 purchase?

I'd try for #3 - Ask for the Conan 3 since you like the books you got.

What did the seller say when they learned it was missing?

I have not notified the seller yet as the business closes at 6pm CST.

What if there is no Conan #3 and it was a typo instead??

k

What if? What if? Contact the seller, then update us tomorrow. gossip.gif

Ze-

k

Should have inventoried the keys before you took the lot home. confused-smiley-013.gif

Way to state the obvious there BOC foreheadslap.gif. What do you suggest I do NOW though?

k

Ze-

k

Way to state the obvious there BOC foreheadslap.gif. What do you suggest I do NOW though?

k

Go look through all your comics.

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

Ze-

k

k

Go look through all your comics.

thumbsup2.gif

Ze-

That would take FOREVER insane.gif. Oh, do you mean the ones I just bought; already done. Now I guess I'll have to do a dreaded thing and READ THEM. The nerve of me. grin.gif

k

Ze-

k

k

Try contacting the seller first. They got good feedback. Until you do that you will assume the worst but I got a feeling things will work out fine for you. Don't worry.

Ze-

k

k

Try contacting the seller first. They got good feedback. Until you do that you will assume the worst but I got a feeling things will work out fine for you. Don't worry.

OK.. I just gotta state the obvious.. You live 30 minutes from the seller, and you picked up the books in person. So you now know the guy.

Yet you are worried enough to make a post about what you should do because you are missing 1 book outa 281 in a reader lot, before you even contact the guy and let him know the book was missing?

Oh well.. color me critical. But exactly what answer were you looking for from us that you already did not know?

I am tired.. off to bed I go...

Ze-

I tell ya kloz, based upon the auction description and the pictures, you got some cajones in buying that lot. thumbsup2.gif

Yeah, I took a chance. The Hulks turned out to be ok, as did the Tomb 10 and the FF 112. About a third of the books will be $.25 fodder and the rest should bring in $1-3 each, probably no more than that. The gravy was the 181, I would grade it out around 7.0/7.5, a nice mid-grade copy. I really shouldn't be TOO upset, but I needed the Conan for a run I am putting together and it would have been nice to have gotten it so cheaply.

k

What shape did the Hulk 180, 181 and the TOD 10 turn out to be in?

I'd say they would grade out as:

IH 180 7.5

IH 181 7.0/7.5

ToD 10 5.0

Not high grade, I know. But just some nice mid/low grade dupes that I can make affordable to customers come con time this summer.

k