• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Winning an auction...and missing a book!!!!!!!!!

28 posts in this topic

Try contacting the seller first. They got good feedback. Until you do that you will assume the worst but I got a feeling things will work out fine for you. Don't worry.

Oh and be sure to add at the bottom of the email "I know where you live!" in a creepy, threatening tone. devil.gif

My feeling is that the book he has, isn't really the Conan #3 you are looking for.

In the auction description, he notes the book as such:

"No.3 Conan The Barbarian: Twin Titans"

But Conan the Barbarian #3 from 1971 was titled "Twilight of the Grim Grey God".

So I'll be surprised if it's the one you think. Maybe its the conan magazine, or Conan Annual or Giant-Size Conan #3.

That said, I don't think the seller was trying to misrepresent anything, their listings are such that it doesn't seem they know much about comics.

I would double check with them, and see what they say. Bottom line is you did ok given the condition of the Hulk 181. (Did you check it for the Marvel Value Stamp?)

Ummm.. did you ask the seller about the missing book first?

1 book missing outa 281 is not unheard of. Especially in a reader lot.

Ze-

I just went and picked up the books earlier this past evening( I live about 30 minutes from the seller). I didn't realize the book was missing until I got home and inventoried the lot.

k

Should have inventoried the keys before you took the lot home. confused-smiley-013.gif

Way to state the obvious there BOC foreheadslap.gif. What do you suggest I do NOW though?

k

Just make sure the Hulk 181 has got the stamp and all the pages.

makepoint.gif

What grade is it?

Post a scan of the 181.

That alone will tell you if you got a good deal regardless of the Conan 3.

What shape did the Hulk 180, 181 and the TOD 10 turn out to be in?

I'd say they would grade out as:

IH 180 7.5

IH 181 7.0/7.5

ToD 10 5.0

Not high grade, I know. But just some nice mid/low grade dupes that I can make affordable to customers come con time this summer.

k

Nevermind. thumbsup2.gif

You should go back to this frikken' sak of lyin [^%^$#!!] trash of a seller and kick his [$^##$#%!]ing [@$$]!! Lowlife deadbeat eBay [&$^$#@!!] sellers should all contract a horde of venereal diseases! Someone should e-mail this guy and let him know how we feel!

--------------------------------

This jediknight moment has been brought to you by the makers of Lozol, Moduretic, Lopressor, Monopril, and Vasotec.

You should go back to this frikken' sak of lyin [^%^$#!!] trash of a seller and kick his [$^##$#%!]ing [@$$]!! Lowlife deadbeat eBay [&$^$#@!!] sellers should all contract a horde of venereal diseases! Someone should e-mail this guy and let him know how we feel!

This jediknight moment has been brought to you by the makers of Lozol, Moduretic, Lopressor, Monopril, and Vasotec.

sign-funnypost.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

Speaking of jk 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

and Happy B-Day flowerred.gif