• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KONGAPALOOZA RETURNS! DISCOUNTS on PAGE 6!$2 & $5 Original Art pages. WWBN 32,

138 posts in this topic

kingkongvsgodzilla.jpg

Hi All! We're back with a sales thread the next three Sunday nights at 7pm EST.

:banana:

Sales thread will start tonight at 7PM Eastern Time-- those of you familiar with us will know we try to have some run with these, including our REVERSE AUCTIONS (see details at the end).

My eBay seller ID is RoboPicto. I'm teaming up with other members of Team Fish for this one including #2 son Joe who many of you know as Ted from Superworld's Right Hand Man, rounding out the group are behind the scenes Fish's Matt and Adam- so there should be some diverse offerings here. Recaps every five pages to help you sort through.

THREAD WILL BE PRICED ITEMS and we'll be running ONE reverse auction continuously as the thread runs. How many auctions we runs depends on how quickly they sell.

REVERSE AUCTION ITEMS- here's how these work; We'll start one with an opening bid and then every FIVE minutes we'll lower the price by $10 all the way down to FREE-- Buyers :takeit: with quoted auction price ends that auction and a new one will start five minutes later. We will also accept :takeit: for auction items through PMs since we've had a few members express they prefer to buy that way.

We'll run reverse auctions throughout the live sales thread and you never know what's going to come up.

We'll handle the timestamp mark down so keep hitting refresh to get a deal.

Listing will include some really good stuff including Gold, Silver and Bronze superheroes, Pre Code Horror, Bronze Horror, Marvels, Charlton lots, some trade paperbacks and hardcovers, a bit of original art and even a Black Terror battles a robot comic.

I myself am a professional comic book artist with numerous credits and so is my wife (she is the current artist on the ARCHIE relaunch), and I'm participating in this thread while I'm in Japan. The Fish Boys are back in the states with the books so they'll ship from there, but their may be some sketches offered that Veronica or I have done while we're overseas and we'll give the buyer the option of waiting for us to ship it out when we're back in the States mid December or paying the shipping from Japan.

:banana: We'll run the live thread the next three Sunday nights, they'll be short to keep them reasonable, and whatever doesn't sell will go to eBay.

Rules-

1. Check or Postal Money Order, PayPal also accepted. Payment must be made within 72 hours unless we make other arrangements. Time payments are available, but must be worked out first.

2. Shipping is $6 for RAW books and $12 for CGC books inside the continental USA no matter how many books you buy. Alaska, Hawaii and the rest of the world is higher, but we'll only charge exact shipping so overpayment will be refunded.

2b. Shipping for sketches sent from Japan will be $15-$20 but you have the option of waiting until we're back so we can ship them domestically.

3. No HOS or Probation buyers.

4. Payment plans are available but let's keep it reasonable-- communication is a must. We can work out the details.

5. First I'LL TAKE IT in the thread gets it over any PM Negotiations. That just seems fair.

6. Offers welcome, but we're not desperate here, just having some fun.

7. If you get the item and it's not what I described or if you're disappointed in it just send it on back and we'll refund your purchase price (provided it is in the same condition we sent it).

Grades are all subjective, look at the scans. We'll provide a quick grade for each title to give you an idea, but please use the scans. I don’t know if any of these have been pressed—if they were I didn’t press them. I looked for restoration and found none.

Back cover scans if you request them-- if there is a defect on the back or if it doesn't match the quality of the front we'll note that and post an image.

Any questions please feel free to contact me! Check my board and eBay feedback and buy with confidence-- we won't let you down.

This is going to be a mega sale, we're going to cover the Gold to Bronze age with mostly individual books and some lots mixed in.

First Book- to make holding this spot legit--

MISTER MIRACLE #6 9.8 CGC!

2a762b67-fad5-4fc6-b266-f5411c9fe923.jpg

This one's a beauty-- first Flunky Flashman (which is a parody of Stan Lee-- Kirby's way of sticking it to his old boss). Mister Miracle is one of the best characters Kirby came up with during his short run at DC in the 1970s and this book is IMO the best cover in the run.

Inside scoop-- there are a number of big name creators (and some not so big names) sending in pitches to DC to revive Mister Miracle since his recent appearances in the JLA have been met with positive reaction. Expect this to be DC's Moon Knight if that happens (whatever that means)!

Great book! $200

BOY COMMANDOS #12

great Simon and Kirby cover- very patriotic WWII cover. Look at the figures, look at the faces! They are war weary but ready to take it to Japan.

You can look at this all day in your own comic room for only $40 SOLD!

boy%20commandos%2012.jpeg

BATMAN #7 - Apparent 4.0 $450

You walk by this one at conventions all the time-- that target cover pops out at you-- you look at the great "Bob Kane" cover and think, man I could impress the girls if I had that one!

Well, now you can-- because this one was loved so much by it's original owner he took 1/3 of the back few pages with him to the grave (see scans), but it's only the final 3-4 pages and I'll send you a PDF scan of the full story if you want to read it.

Frame it, put it on the wall and impress those girls now for this unheard of price. A dealer at Chicago had one with a STICKER stuck to the front cover for $1200!! You can have it for 1/3 of that and actually have a good looking copy!

Time payments are available too!

Batman%207.jpg

batman%207%20B.jpg

AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #78

VF $50

First Prowler-- great Romita Cover nice colors. On a lot of these our scanner or phones are not picking up the great colors, so you'll be happy with the book when you get it.

So get this one!

Spiderman%2078.jpeg

Avengers 181

VG $5

First Taskmaster! Taskmaster is one of the coolest villains to come out of the house of ideas in the last thirty years (forty years?) and just you wait-- he'll be bigger than Deadpool someday! Grab all of these 181 you can! When the Zombie Apocalypse comes these will be traded as currency! Get yours!

Avengers%20196.jpeg

You walk by this one at conventions all the time-- that target cover pops out at you-- you look at the great "Bob Kane" cover and think, man I could impress the girls if I had that one!

We are clearly hanging around very different girls. lol