• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CCS Pressing & Dry Cleaning

71 posts in this topic

Mixed results. I'd say I've been disappointed more often than not.

Definitely fast track. I waited over 8 weeks for my fast track books to get finished.

On some books, the CGC grader's notes indicate the presence of flaws that should have been pressed out...like lite bends. From my understanding, books sometime revert back to their original state after pressing. Very disappointing to see the presence of non-color breaking flaws after a press.

I have to wonder how many books Matt Nelson is pressing these days...and how much of his work is getting done by underlings or trainees. hm

To be honest, I haven't seen better results from using other professionals.

It's important to realize that pressing isn't the miracle treatment that many people think it is. Bottom line? Your results may vary.

Mixed results. I'd say I've been disappointed more often than not.

Definitely fast track. I waited over 8 weeks for my fast track books to get finished.

On some books, the CGC grader's notes indicate the presence of flaws that should have been pressed out...like lite bends. From my understanding, books sometime revert back to their original state after pressing. Very disappointing to see the presence of non-color breaking flaws after a press.

I have to wonder how many books Matt Nelson is pressing these days...and how much of his work is getting done by underlings or trainees. hm

To be honest, I haven't seen better results from using other professionals.

It's important to realize that pressing isn't the miracle treatment that many people think it is. Bottom line? Your results may vary.

It will be my first time sending books to be pressed. I'm going to see how it goes. It may be the only time I ever do it. I'm sending a Batman 181 and Tales of Suspense 45 to see if I can possibly improve their appearances. I will have them slabbed later.

I stopped using CCS completely. Between a lack of communication, no visibility and mixed results I decided to go another direction and haven't looked back. I sent thousands of books but nothing this year. I have hear they are good with books that require more work. I would not suggest quick press (if that's still an option).

I sent 1 ...back in Sept....AMS 129 9.0...Took them less than 2 wks to press and submit for grading....it came back a 9.4. Impressed would be an understatement. I will be sending more . Actually, I sent 2 ..the other was AMS 4 7.0 but he said the flaws he could fix wouldn't improve the grade . Found the entire process top notch..especially communication.

I stopped using CCS completely. Between a lack of communication, no visibility and mixed results I decided to go another direction and haven't looked back. I sent thousands of books but nothing this year. I have hear they are good with books that require more work. I would not suggest quick press (if that's still an option).

It is still an option but I will not be using it. I want them to do the best they can with what I give to them. Who do you use now?

I sent 1 ...back in Sept....AMS 129 9.0...Took them less than 2 wks to press and submit for grading....it came back a 9.4. Impressed would be an understatement. I will be sending more . Actually, I sent 2 ..the other was AMS 4 7.0 but he said the flaws he could fix wouldn't improve the grade . Found the entire process top notch..especially communication.

I'm hoping for the same results but I'm certainly not getting high grades. If I can pull out VF on each book, it will be totally worth it.

I had a book w/light non-color breaking spine creases go from a 9.6 to a 9.8. It took 2-3 weeks fast pass and they were responsive to emails. It is very convenient that they can drop the books off for you at CGC as they are in the same building.