• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Golden Age Archie Question

24 posts in this topic

Shield, let us know where all these copies of Super Comics that you have been seeing are. They aren't out there when I've been looking. That's not to say that the MLJs are plentiful either, but I think your reference to "more" means 2 copies of Super vs. one MLJ, not a lot of copies like your message implies.

I don't know where they are; all I'm saying is I've seen them. I've seen about 6 copies of the Canadian Pep 22 on EBAY since 2000. Either take my word for it, or don't. Either way is fine with me! Have you been to my site? There's been quite a few people stop by that mention buying or selling copies.

Sorry Shield, no offense was intended. Your original response left the impression that the Canadian issues are not that scarce. My reply, although maybe I wasn't very clear, was only that we are comparing one scarce item to another so comparing the relative availability of one vs the other is still talking pretty small quantities of either.

I've seen a number of the Pep 22 variants as well which I passed up because of price. I'm missing 2 of the other 5 issues and I've never seen those two available in the past 7 years since I lost out on buying them the first time I saw them.

Both are scarce but the american copies are obviously way more desirable. The reason Shield has seen six copies of the canadian books in a certain period of time is that sellers gravitate towards ebay so naturally you are going to see scarce items up there, particularly if the first one sells at a good price and other people put their copy up to cash in on a trend.This often happens in flurries and gives the appearance of plentifull copies. Also you might see the same book being flipped over and over again and mistake that for multiple copies