• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anybody know ebay user igb.corp

92 posts in this topic

The nice thing is you can look up the notes on these books. I checked a few and there is more information on some more then others. I think the work level varies from book too book, but there was nothing as detailed as 1/4 inc piece replaced (but CGC doesn't do that either) so pieces added and extensive color touch is still vague unless you can see the book in hand.

There was a guy in the 1990s (fantasy Masterpieces) that used to overpaint a great deal as well, so to me this isn't a new technique he's just going hog wild on some books.

I agree that extensively restored books are tough to peg unless you have them in hand.

Check the notes on that Action 2, now these would bother me

tiny amount of pencil on 26th page

spine splits sealed, tear seals to cover & interior

staple, cover & interior cleaned

extensive color touch to cover & pieces added to cover & interior

cover & interior reinforced

some pages the print is lighter than other pages from mending

replacement margin of 1st 2 wraps different color than center

James G

Yay !!

Batman 1 9.6

RARE!

Highest Graded!!

Become the envy of all your friends!!!

Just imagine owning one of the most beautiful comic books on the planet!!!!

Terrific investment opportunity!!!!!

Don't miss out!!!!!!

(no surprise at all to see who is solidly behind these igb Frankenbooks, yet another reason to avoid them like the plague).

Regarding their Tec 33 9.4 sale that ended Jan 02 2016 I don't find any feedback received or given for that sale.

I find it odd that a 28k sale wouldn't warrant any kind of feedback whatsoever.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-33-CBCS-9-4-Restored-WHITE-Pedigree-Single-Highest-Graded-/141860053585?rmvSB=true&hash=item210784a251%3Ag%3AKlsAAOSw5IJWezps&nma=true&si=s3TqO3tYmT20lde9xDOGd3ee%252B0k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Regarding their Tec 33 9.4 sale that ended Jan 02 2016 I don't find any feedback received or given for that sale.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Detective-Comics-33-CBCS-9-4-Restored-WHITE-Pedigree-Single-Highest-Graded-/141860053585?rmvSB=true&hash=item210784a251%3Ag%3AKlsAAOSw5IJWezps&nma=true&si=s3TqO3tYmT20lde9xDOGd3ee%252B0k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

We both no whats up Peter from day 1. :headbang:

We both no whats up Peter from day 1. :headbang:

Bingo - the history tells the story.

Look for the greed peddlers (AKA "the usual suspects") to do whatever it takes to try and surreptitiously create an artificial demand for these extensive restoration recreations.