• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Hulk 103

9 posts in this topic

22 views and no one? not even a guess ? I just want to make sure I'm not way off with this...graders notes said front cover stains, bottom left back cover stain,spine multiple color breaks,top front cover bends break color....I mean I know I need glasses, but i don't see much except some breaks at top staple and some very small edge bends/breaks

22 views and no one? not even a guess ? I just want to make sure I'm not way off with this...graders notes said front cover stains, bottom left back cover stain,spine multiple color breaks,top front cover bends break color....I mean I know I need glasses, but i don't see much except some breaks at top staple and some very small edge bends/breaks

Oh I should have read this first. I know CGC is really hard on Water damage.

Thanks m.machine...I understand they are hard on stains but I don't see any. maybe up tight and close theres something..but they gave me a 6.5 ?????? I was expecting a 9.0/9.2 . Pretty bummed...I have CGC books that look like they were slept on and walked over that are 6.5's with missing corner chips and creases and so on and so on. Anyway, just curious as to whether i'm over reacting . had the exact same thing happen to my ASM 28 from same submission. black cover..easy to see breaks...looks like a 9.0 but gave me a 7.5 with no mention of any inside defects . just said spine stress lines break color and small light stain top left back cover (which I don't see but maybe). I mean there a hulk 181 CGC 9.2 people are talkn about on here this week that has a million spine stress breaks (5 times what I have ) and I get a 7.5 . go figure. Tempted to resubmit both ..curious to see :)

Yeah, I had a submission with Stains come back a 6.5 a few years ago. We all thought it was a 9.0 on the forums here because we all missed the stains - including me and I had the book in hand. It was even more of a bummer because I payed to have it signed by Stan Lee and picked it because it was one of my "best" silver X books.

On this one it looks like you may have a non-color breaking crease on the right front bottom? Going right into Hulks left big toe? Am I seeing that right? I would think a crease that large would add a pretty big hit. Also, is the top staple rusty?

Hey Wilson...sounds like we're in the same boat. I have book in hand and I'm going over it and over it looking for the stain(s), but maybe its a subtle issue that is just off color and i don't know what I'm looking for.

No, btw, on the crease near big toe...no creases or bends that i see...I think thats the color change on the art work.

yes..on the staple...I know that is a big thing...and implies moisture which validates a stain somewhere..but a 6.5?

I would have easily had that book signed if it came up ...so i feel your pain. It was one of my better looking books as well...but to be honest...if this is what people pay CGC for, then its worth it even if I'm on the other side, because I would have listed it raw as a vf and i would have thought I was given someone a deal. Instead they would've gotten porked.

But i always thought even a 7.0 allows slight rust migration, some deeper stress lines,blunted corners and minor creases (which i don't have) and then if there were stronger traits than a 7.0 they'd take it into consideration like no cover creases and off white pages and at least hit 7.5. oh well..enough about this book. at least it not anything valuable.