• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So who won the Hulk # 181 ?!?

174 posts in this topic

Wasn't it only a 5.0 copy anyway?

The grade of the book is not the issue! makepoint.gif

The issue is that there is a business running a contest on these boards, they know who the winner isand yet they will not contact the winner to announce the win, they do not post the winner and there is a short time-limit to collect the prize?!?

I want to know who won the contest. popcorn.gif

Why not announce the winner? confused-smiley-013.gif

Aren't there laws governing this sort of thing? One of my jobs is on a contest web site and we have a list of rules a mile long. It's not like I read that stuff line for line, but I'm pretty sure one of the rules has something to do with being able to find out who the winner is. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(runs to check)

"10. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS: For the names of the winners, write your name and complete address on a 3"x5" card and send in a first-class, stamped envelope to:"

That's not out the kindness of anyone's heart, I don't think.

Aren't there laws governing this sort of thing? One of my jobs is on a contest web site and we have a list of rules a mile long. It's not like I read that stuff line for line, but I'm pretty sure one of the rules has something to do with being able to find out who the winner is. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

(runs to check)

"10. WINNER’S LIST/OFFICIAL RULES REQUESTS: For the names of the winners, write your name and complete address on a 3"x5" card and send in a first-class, stamped envelope to:"

That's not out the kindness of anyone's heart, I don't think.

Exactly! That way everthing is above board. Contestants can see that an award was presented. Makes good business sense to me. thumbsup2.gif

Winner never came forward guys frown.gif

I will decide what to do about it soon.

I would contact the winner to let them know they won, but that's just me. You do what you feel prudent.

Remeber: Reputation is everything! makepoint.gif893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I would like to present Russ with a new logo to use for all of his future contests.

But Russ, you must pm me within 3 minutes of the time stamp on this post to claim you new graphic. Otherwise you forfeit the right to use it.

cslogo.jpg

I would like to present Russ with a new logo to use for all of his future contests.

But Russ, you must pm me within 3 minutes of the time stamp on this post to claim you new graphic. Otherwise you forfeit the right to use it.

cslogo.jpg

27_laughing.gif

You're so bad. smirk.gif

Keep talking... Gives me more to use.

Why don't you send a PM to Steve Borock with the name of the winner? I'm sure he will keep it confidential. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

This way all the contoversey goes away.