• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So who won the Hulk # 181 ?!?

174 posts in this topic

I just hit google. From http://contests.about.com/library/weekly/aa053098.htm

"Since many states require that you provide a mailing address to request a Winners List, you can ask for a SASE (stamped self-addressed envelope). You might also fulfill this requirement by posting the winners' list on your Website."

Wasn't it only a 5.0 copy anyway?

The grade of the book is not the issue! makepoint.gif

The issue is that there is a business running a contest on these boards, they know who the winner isand yet they will not contact the winner to announce the win, they do not post the winner and there is a short time-limit to collect the prize?!?

I want to know who won the contest. popcorn.gif

Why not announce the winner? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, I just gotta say that the website actually says that the holder of the winning ticket must contact them. They made it clear. So if the winner doesn't follow through, that's their own fault.

That's really too bad,.....word on the street is that you had the winning ticket.

foreheadslap.gifpoke2.gif

Wasn't it only a 5.0 copy anyway?

The grade of the book is not the issue! makepoint.gif

The issue is that there is a business running a contest on these boards, they know who the winner isand yet they will not contact the winner to announce the win, they do not post the winner and there is a short time-limit to collect the prize?!?

I want to know who won the contest. popcorn.gif

Why not announce the winner? confused-smiley-013.gif

Yeah, I just gotta say that the website actually says that the holder of the winning ticket must contact them. They made it clear. So if the winner doesn't follow through, that's their own fault.

That's really too bad,.....word on the street is that you had the winning ticket.

foreheadslap.gifpoke2.gif

Nope, I checked the ComicSupply website the day the winning ticket #'s were posted makepoint.gif

lol, go ahead and send it.

I have the name of the winner, but since they didn't claim it, is there really a winner?

I'm just posting what I thought was a pertinent quote to the discussion at hand. Since you're the one running a contest I would think you'd be interested in getting more information about the legal issues surrounding contests. I gues not. confused-smiley-013.gif

Hobgoblin,

The ASM #122 and $75 and $50 Gift Certificate were claimed. The Hulk #181 ASM #121 and $100 Gift Certificate were not claimed.

So if half the prizes were claimed, obviously the system works. If it was board members who won the unclaimed items, what's their deal? They're probably online 97% of their day anyway and can easily go to the website to check the numbers. 27_laughing.gifgossip.gif

NO, according to our rules, they forfeit their prize.

They are your rules, do what you feel prudent.

I, for one, would choose to do differently. Best of luck to you.

Bella,......get a life! flowerred.gifhi.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif

Another thread about this? Here is the way I see it. Those of you who think this is shady business practice, that is fine and I understand your view. Those of you who don't, that is fine and I understand your view. Russel has made it perfectly clear that he is not going to change the rules and it is also clear that nobody is going to change their mind about how he runs his company. If you don't like him don't buy from him. This discussion is pretty meaningless. confused-smiley-013.gif

You get a life. Find something else to poke fun at. Those were the rules, you don't agree, go buy a scratch off or something.

NO, according to our rules, they forfeit their prize.

They are your rules, do what you feel prudent.

I, for one, would choose to do differently. Best of luck to you.

Bella,......get a life! flowerred.gifhi.gif

893crossfingers-thumb.gif