• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DR.X's Christmas Contest 2015 is in Motion

802 posts in this topic

O.K. Folks, we're going to get started in a few minutes. But first things first. I would like to keep this thread somewhat normal if thats possible. I would appreciate it if we leave out the bouncing boobs, sicko gifs, and humping. :screwy:

I'm all about having a good time but we can do it without the unnecessary nonsense. We can all still have fun in here, and it is Christmas. :acclaim:

I also have tried to get some of our female boardies ( the few we have ) to participate. I hope they show up.

Please take your time and read all the rules. I've changed a few things this year to try and make the contest better, and more interesting so I hope it all works out. If not, I'll figure something else out, so be a little patient.

I would appreciate it if you would hold off on any posting until I get everything posted, and up and running. Again, take your time, there's plenty of it.

:news:

THE RULES :rulez:

1. You get one guess for the four main prizes in this contest, and one guess only. You have four days to figure up a number. Take your time. lol

2. I write down the answers as we go. If you go back and change your answer, your disqualified from the contest. Think man, think.

3. :news: Closest people to the actual amount, wether higher or lower will be the winners. :acclaim:

4. Contest is open to any legit boardie. If you're on the probation list, in the HOS, or I just don't like you, kiss my azz.

5. If you notice someone in the contest that's on the Probation list or in the HOS, please bring it to my attention and I'll run them out on a rail.

6. Lets keep this thread clean and have a good time here. Easy on the womens boobs and butt humping gifs. (tsk)

7. CONTEST DEADLINE IS 5 P.M. Central Time on Sunday the 20th (thumbs u

THE CONTEST - READ CAREFULLY - PART #1

U.S RESIDENTS ARE ELIGBLE FOR ALL PRIZES.

OVER SEAS AND CANADIAN CONTESTANTS ARE ELIGBLE FOR THE MAIN PRIZES & BONUS BOXES ONLY.

Please keep this in mind as we get going.

THERE ARE FOUR MAIN PRIZES

EIGHT MYSTERY BOXES

BONUS BOXES

AND ----

:news: THE BIG SECRET PRIZE RAFFLE - More on that later. hm - smiley-happy036.gif

This years contest will be a bit different than last year. I'll explain in a bit. The main contest is the same as last year. There will also be the Mystery Boxes, and the Bonus Boxes, and a Secret Prize to Be Revealed Later. :o

I have a huge container that I save coins in all year. At the end of the year I cash it in, and my two daughters get the proceeds.

I usually go to the bank a few times a week. To sweeten the pot, I randomly picked up a few rolls of dimes, quarters, whatever, here and there.

I also tossed in a random number of Gold Dollars ( face amount is one dollar ) between 1 and 19, so take your time guessing. No dimensions this year either on the container, but I did weigh it. I'll be glad to tell you after the contest is over. :banana:

I hope we can break last years attendance record. Let's try and keep this thread clean, and nonsense free. (tsk) Let's keep women's boobs out of it also. :frustrated:

I WILL POST THE PIC OF THE TICKET MACHINE NUMBER AS IT CAME OUT OF THE HOPPER FROM THE BANK WHEN THE CONTEST IS OVER

CONTEST ENDS SUNDAY NIGHT 12/20 AT 5 P.M CENTRAL TIME :blahblah:

1. Once I give the signal and the contest in in motion, the symbol below will be randomly posted throughout the contest at random time's, the same as we did last year. No need to quote the package though.

This will continue up until the time that all eight boxes are claimed with a :takeit: . I could post the symbol at 1:00 P.M. or at 3:00 A.M., could be the first five minutes, or the last ten, or when I roll out of bed to check the fences or fall down the stairs sleepwalking. (shrug)

animated-present-and-gift-image-0021.gif

2. Last year due to me being too technical, some people didn't win because they didn't quote the signal. Not anymore.

:news: This year you don't have to do that. The first :takeit: after I post my big throbbing package, gets that prize, and that's that.

I will then attach names to the quoted boxes as we go.

3. ONLY ONE MYSTERY BOX PER BOARDIE AND U.S. RESIDENTS ONLY. And that includes Greggy. :gossip:

4. Like I just said, once you claim a box, I will attach the winners name to it. One box per boardie. I know it sounds like alot of krap in this thing but its really pretty simple.

5. All prizes will be mailed out within 30 days of the contest closing. :acclaim:

mysstery%20box%20picture%202015%20001_2.jpg

Next is a list of the Mystery Box books. THESE ARE ALL BRAND NEW. They are all mixed up and packed so they are not in any number order for shipping.

You will get any one of the following as they were boxed up some time ago with no reference as to what book is in there. The Mystery is which one you get, and what else could be in there. hm

The numbers on the list are just to show the amount of books.

I decided this year to put some better prizes in these boxes so you freaks wouldn't be waiting up all night to win a box of drek. I picked up a bunch of graphic novels and there is one hard cover in the bunch. :screwy:

Mystery Box #1 - Xenoholics Graphic Novel by Image

xenophiles%20-%20mystery%20box.jpg

Mystery Box #2 - URSA MINOR #1 - by Big Dog Inks. Graphic Novel

I had it signed on the F.C. by Tom Hutchinson. Wish I would have picked up another for myself. This looks pretty good.

ursa%20minor%20-%20mystery%20box%202.jpg

Mystery Box #3 - NIghtmare World by Image Comics Graphic Novel.

nightmare%20world%20-%20mystery%20box%203.jpg

Mystery Box #4 - Drafted by Devils Due Publishing Graphic Novel

drafted%20mystery%20box%204.jpg

Mystery Box #5 - Shahrazad Volume #1 by Big Dog Inks - Graphic Novel. I had this one signed on the F.C. by Kim Hutchinson.

This looks pretty good too.

sharazad%20mystery%20box%204.jpg

Mystery Box #6 - Mongrel Graphic Novel by V.L.P Publishing - Adults.

mongrel%20mystery%20box%206.jpg

Mystery Box #7 - Ant Man Season One

ant%20man%20season%20one%20mystery%20box%207.jpg

Myster Box #8 - Batman Archive Edition - Featuring Detective Comics #71 - #86.

Brand new in shrink wrap.

batman%20archives%20graphic%20novel.jpg

Once again this year there will be bonus boxes available.

These are available to anyone WORLD WIDE

The first person who posts the :takeit: after I post the flashing batsignal, gets the book. These can pop up at anytime, even when your flapping your gums and posting nonsense so don't cry to me if you miss one by two seconds. t2319.gif

I will post a time window of opportunity on these so your not sitting around all night scratching your keister. smiley-taunt002.gif

smiley-talk005.gif WAIT FOR THE FLASHING SIGNAL - :makepoint:

Batcave2.gif

4th Place

Strange & Stranger World of Steve Ditko - Hard Cover with D.J. This books is brand new but it has a tear on the top edge of the dust jacket. This book was donated by Tenth Planet Comics. He got it as a bonus from Diamond and asked me if I would like to put it in my contest, so here it is. Pretty cool and a big thanks to Dan over there. (shrug)

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20001.jpg

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20004.jpg

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20002.jpg

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20005.jpg

world%20of%20steve%20ditko%20003.jpg

1st Place

Planet Comics Hardcover Vol #4

Featuring Issue numbers #13 - #16

Brand new/unread. I don't know why some of these distributors don't shrink wrap the books.

planet%20comics%20hard%20cover.jpg

planet%20comics%20interior%20pictures%20001.jpg

planet%20comics%20interior%20pictures%20004.jpg

planet%20comics%20interior%20pictures%20003.jpg

planet%20comics%20interior%20pictures%20002.jpg

sorry just to be clear, all the pictures are of the same set of containers at different angles right?