• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rating system

30 posts in this topic

just a question on the rating system that i'm not too sure about. I know that you can go into someone's profile and click on the rate this user and choose different levels of stars. If I go into someone's profile and click on 4 stars does that mean their star icons will go up that high. Not really comic related but no place else to ask sorry.

The only thing you need to know about the stars is that they don't mean [!@#%^&^]. Your average member of the male gender is ego-imbalanced insufficiently_thoughtful_person when it comes to interactions with other members of the male gender. As a result of this fundamental truth about men (and a small percentage of women who are overly aggressive/competitive), there are insufficiently_thoughtful_persons who create second, third, or even more accounts on this board simply to knock the star ratings of other members down.

If men as a whole weren't such testosterone-controlled dolts, and if the technology was pervasively available to limit a person to registering only one account in this forum, then the stars might mean a little bit, but given those two factors, stars are meaningless. Technology will eventually get better, but I'm not sure that men will ever stop devolving into dimwitted macho dumbasses when placed into proximity with other dimwitted macho [!@#%^&^] members of their own gender. tongue.gif

I say the word "krap" with great regularity, and I'm baffled as to why the retarded filtering software would axe that word. You can hear that one on Nickelodeon.

James, is just a bit frustrated at his girlfriend's evil twin sister.

She's still holding out on him!

It's such a gyp...you go out with one twin for a while and who WOULDN'T expect that the other one is just part of the deal?!? All those Doublemint gum "double your pleasure, double your fun" commercials with the twins set expectations for me that apparently were unrealistic. grin.gif