• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic shops in Toronto - any recommenations

31 posts in this topic

I just booked us for the Westin Harbor Castle which is down by the water. With all the suggestions I'll definitely be coming back with some new books!

Beguiling is good for new releases, back issues to browse aren't organized and all over the place (ie. difficult to get to) but if you ask the staff about specific back issues/key books they pull it out from behind the counter where the expensive books are.

Silver Snail is mostly sold out of all the good back issue books or overpriced, they have a big sale frequently and back issues only worth buying on those days.

Excalibur is good but small.

Pendragon isn't selling any back issues apparently, I went in there this summer and they had to re-price everything from decent prices to over-priced I guess? Guy who runs it seems anti-social.

1,000,000 comix is pretty solid, lots of selection but overpriced on keys.

BMV books on Bloor St. is great for back issues but not so much on new releases. BMV off of Yonge st. pales in comparison they have 2 bins vs. an entire floor.

You up for a show? Toronto comic book show is the best new show in town. Are you going to be around on Sunday the 27th? Call up an Uber and head to that show, it's great. http://www.torontocomicbookshow.com/

I just booked us for the Westin Harbor Castle which is down by the water. With all the suggestions I'll definitely be coming back with some new books!

Stayed at the Westin many times. I like that place but it is a bit 'out of the way' by downtown standards - which means 10-20 minute walk to popular areas, but if the weather is mild (which it looks to continue) then it's not so bad. Unlike Cleveland last February. :eek:

You also may avoid the downtown traffic madness. (thumbs u

I should have mentioned it. Couchy did. BMV on Bloor St., 3rd floor, has tons of books on comics and pounds of comics. The prices are perfectly reasonable. I suspect that the only unique store in Toronto that sells comics is BMV Bloor St.

Once I attended a local show and bought nothing. Then I went over to BMV and found $135 of stuff I wanted. No admission! The buy remaindered and used books and pass on their discount. You will never buy retail again.

I don't find BMV so hot anymore. It used to be a lot better. You can bet your last dollar, that all of their books, movies and other stuff have been priced in comparison to Ebay/Amazon. Might as well just shop on Amazon, at least they deliver. You can find most of their books online for the same price or cheaper.

I used to shop at BMV years ago and I remember when they pretty much had a rule that unless a comic was a key issue or silver age stuff, it was generally priced at $1. Now it's 4.99 for a copy of Superman Family wih dog ears. no thanks.

Across the street from the BMV on bloor is a comic shop and last time I checked they had a 3 TPB for 20.00 deal, including the Squadron Supreme and Secret Wars TPB. That was actually a more impressive deal.