• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Iron Man 55

23 posts in this topic

HI! New to the board and was wondering if someone could help answer a question. A good friend has a really nice copy of Iron man 55 but it has a old date stamp on the back cover. How much does that bring the book down grade wise if I were to send it in. Thanks for any help you can provide!

I will get a picture added soon!

And keep in mind that a date stamp on the back cover is a GREAT place for a date stamp. A buyer is not going to mind a date stamp on the back cover in the same way that they MIGHT (or in my case definitely pass) on a date stamp covering up the character's face on the cover.

And keep in mind that a date stamp on the back cover is a GREAT place for a date stamp. A buyer is not going to mind a date stamp on the back cover in the same way that they MIGHT (or in my case definitely pass) on a date stamp covering up the character's face on the cover.

..... unless that character is Deadpool..... in which case it might ADD value :baiting: GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I really like Date Stamps on the cover. Adds personality to the comic. But it does not add a premium. But it might make someone buy it. I once bought a book because it was stamped on the day I was born. If I ever see another comic with that stamp I would likely buy it. Unless it was nosebleed high grade.

Wow! you guys are awesome..Thanks for the quick responses. He sent me a picture through email and I'm trying to figure out how to add it to this thread. I saved the picture to my desktop so I'm making progress!

Wow! you guys are awesome..Thanks for the quick responses. He sent me a picture through email and I'm trying to figure out how to add it to this thread. I saved the picture to my desktop so I'm making progress!

Create a photo bucket account and then upload the picture there. Then copy the URL that says something like embed picture. Click the little logo on the post screen that looks like a triangle with two circles (it says enter image if you hold your mouse over it). It takes a bit of time and is sort of annoying.

Oh and I personally like date stamps. I think they add character and are an interesting part of history. As long as it isn't over a characters face, like others said, I'm all for it.

Create a photo bucket account and then upload the picture there. Then copy the URL that says something like embed picture. Click the little logo on the post screen that looks like a triangle with two circles (it says enter image if you hold your mouse over it). It takes a bit of time and is sort of annoying.

Oh and I personally like date stamps. I think they add character and are an interesting part of history. As long as it isn't over a characters face, like others said, I'm all for it.

You can also use this board to upload a pic. When responding to a post, click the "file manager" link below the text box and go from there. It will automatically be posted with your post as an attachment.

You can also use this board to upload a pic. When responding to a post, click the "file manager" link below the text box and go from there. It will automatically be posted with your post as an attachment.

FYI -- I tried that out just to see how well it works-- seems highly limited (200K and only picture files). So I would not see this as a way to post a scan of a book.

FYI -- I tried that out just to see how well it works-- seems highly limited (200K and only picture files). So I would not see this as a way to post a scan of a book.

Is a scan of a book not a picture file?

Is a scan of a book not a picture file?

Yes- a scan is the same as a picture, typically saved as a JPeg or PNG file.

File type isn't the issue I am referring to but the limit on the size the file can be. Most scanners and modern camera phones output files that are at least megabytes large (1000K+) -- this forum tool limits you to a file size of 200K. So the level of resolution and size of the picture would be severely smaller than the ones we usually use to evaluate a book. I tried uploading a small picture that was 289K and it rejected it for being too large.