• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Would you rather have the chance to win a $350 book or 3 chances at $125 books?

40 posts in this topic

Every ticket can be redeemed at the end of the day for one item. If that one special person at the end of the day gets a longbox as their item then whoopy woo. It also brought people back to my table to get a free book, and a lot of those people added to their stack. I think it was legal...I was a teenager. Everything was legal.

I think I should send you a PM and pick your brain. Love the free $1 book with each returned ticket and one random ticket gets a free short box of books or a key book. Three different colored tickets for the different days.

Do you need be present to win? If someone buys a ticket on Friday for a single book giveaway on Sunday, do they win if they are no longer there on Sunday (ship to them if they leave their info on the previous days)?

I have an idea that would incorporate both ideas giving peeps chances to win each day as well as a big boy prize the last day. It would entice people to buy each day as well as giving the incentive to win something the day of is you're not present on Sunday for the "big boy" $300 book.

I require $500 an hour for knowledge on my wealth of experience in making stupid amounts of money in this hobby. :insane:

Every ticket can be redeemed at the end of the day for one item. If that one special person at the end of the day gets a longbox as their item then whoopy woo. It also brought people back to my table to get a free book, and a lot of those people added to their stack. I think it was legal...I was a teenager. Everything was legal.

I think I should send you a PM and pick your brain. Love the free $1 book with each returned ticket and one random ticket gets a free short box of books or a key book. Three different colored tickets for the different days.

I require $500 an hour for knowledge on my wealth of experience in making stupid amounts of money in this hobby. :insane:

I've got a free long box of Malibu comics with your name on it.

More threads prizes.

:baiting:

I've been around since 2006 - I deserve to have a couple hundred terrible threads this year.

Your 10 year anniversary is next year. No new threads till 2017 :whee:

And here I thought I was going to have to buy toilet paper for the guest bathroom. The Malibu gods never disappoint.

I've got a free long box of Malibu comics with your name on it.

:wishluck:

Why would he explode? Too much backed up without a release? He could start new threads in the test forum

You know he would explode, right?

More threads prizes.

I've been around since 2006 - I deserve to have a couple hundred terrible threads this year.

:wishluck:

Why would he explode? Too much backed up without a release? He could start new threads in the test forum

You know he would explode, right?

More threads prizes.

15000 post! You have been busy over the last couple years . . posting . . and posting . .. . and more posting. Now if you could only think up a couple good threads you would be as cool as me.

What do you say to the people who will give you the "leaving town tonight" complaint?

Probably should go with the 25 books for $20 option.

Damn I was saving the 15000 for something special but completely lost track

:doh:

What better way to use your 15,000 post other then talking about me exploding due to lack of release. Here it is again for the record books:

"Why would he explode? Too much backed up without a release? He could start new threads in the test forum"

You are overlooking the fact that people simply like to win. You could raffle off ten coverless moderns and some people would be thrilled because they "won".
I'll toss this out there. Assuming most $1-divers aren't investors, I always liked "choose one" incentives. Complete story arcs shrinkwrapped together. Spend $20, pick one for free.

It's immediate. You can see all the arcs to pick from. Complete story, something else to read. Obscure mini series, couple of trade paperbacks, 4 issue limited, whatever. It felt good to (A) have a choice and (B) leave with unexpected extras.

(That, and most people don't think they're going to "win" anyway. Plus it fit's that "take less back home" model of moving books)

You are overlooking the fact that people simply like to win. You could raffle off ten coverless moderns and some people would be thrilled because they "won".
I'll toss this out there. Assuming most $1-divers aren't investors, I always liked "choose one" incentives. Complete story arcs shrinkwrapped together. Spend $20, pick one for free.

It's immediate. You can see all the arcs to pick from. Complete story, something else to read. Obscure mini series, couple of trade paperbacks, 4 issue limited, whatever. It felt good to (A) have a choice and (B) leave with unexpected extras.

(That, and most people don't think they're going to "win" anyway. Plus it fit's that "take less back home" model of moving books)

Little too much work for the money but its a cool idea for a buyer. I spent an evening getting them sorted so that's pretty much all the work I want to put into them right now (other then lugging them to the shows). I'll see how the first couple shows go this year and maybe I'll need to add some extras.

Little too much work for the money but its a cool idea for a buyer. I spent an evening getting them sorted so that's pretty much all the work I want to put into them right now (other then lugging them to the shows). I'll see how the first couple shows go this year and maybe I'll need to add some extras.
Curiosity question: Is the higher priority goal "spend $10 more" or "fill out the ticket"?

I keep reading "the money is in the list". So if you're list-building you could do a couple of drawings a day for anything "premium", hardcover book, figurine, t-shirt, anything. The cost of the premium for as many names to market to post-show, years to come. Text or email a winner every 3 or so hours.

Is building a list your goal?

Curiosity question: Is the higher priority goal "spend $10 more" or "fill out the ticket"?

I keep reading "the money is in the list". So if you're list-building you could do a couple of drawings a day for anything "premium", hardcover book, figurine, t-shirt, anything. The cost of the premium for as many names to market to post-show, years to come. Text or email a winner every 3 or so hours.

Is building a list your goal?

I think the money is in the list when it comes to big ticket item sellers. Having the name of a guy who buys $2,000 comic books is very valuable. Having a list of $1 filler guys would not be as valuable. I'm not at that stage where I send out group e-mails to my buyers.