• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guess the grade, part II

27 posts in this topic

And the answer is...

Av6label.jpg

This is one of those books that, prior to the advent of CGC, just about any and every dealer would have graded as NM. The slight overhang bends on the back cover at the top, plus the slight fuzzing of the bottom spine corner were apparently enough for CGC to grade otherwise. A resub may certainly be in order for this one.

Congrats to Davidking623 for having the first post to nail it, and to all who were spot-on with their predictions. acclaim.gif

I'm such an over-grader... tongue.gif

lol, ya me too - but that's the nicest 9.2 of that book I've ever seen. Nas a quick note the scans are big enough but they seem to be a tad fuzzy, or not as sharp as most around here. Not sure if its the saturation or what, 'Hook might be able to shed some light hereas its his area of expertise.

Finally not to harp on Nikos X-Men 45 again but man if thats a 9.4, this Avengers has gotta be too.

Finally not to harp on Nikos X-Men 45 again but man if thats a 9.4, this Avengers has gotta be too.

Correction, this book should be a 9.6 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Correction, this book should be a 9.6 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Just bitter over that one, of course you know I'm gonna sub my two copies of it now. Can I put you down as a reference on the grading form. devil.gif

And the answer is...

Av6label.jpg

This is one of those books that, prior to the advent of CGC, just about any and every dealer would have graded as NM. The slight overhang bends on the back cover at the top, plus the slight fuzzing of the bottom spine corner were apparently enough for CGC to grade otherwise. A resub may certainly be in order for this one.

Congrats to Davidking623 for having the first post to nail it, and to all who were spot-on with their predictions. acclaim.gif

thumbsup2.gif

Davidking623