• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC war comics: where to begin?

103 posts in this topic

This is my biggest war acquisition yet. Of course, I don't have any other significant acquisitions beyond a Russ Heath sig raw Our Fighting Force. I wasn't looking for the book, and when I ran across it, I wasn't sure about it. After all, it ain't pretty not in the traditional sense. But that missing remainder portion and the Rock and the Wall exposed on the splash page gives the book a peculiar attraction. Besides, the census show just over 120 copies of this book. This is my first copy of it, a beginner copy. I've never bought a book thinking it'd be a starter copy, until now. This one, ah yes.....mother effing bread crumbs. :)

SkUZqvRl.jpg

ZLCSqS9l.jpg

You're right. There IS a certain "appeal" to it, with "The Rock and the Wall" showing ...

hmm hm

Excellent buy, congrats!

On the subject of War comics in general i noticed how low virtually all of the bids on Comiclink are currently at. I know that usually you get a last day, last hour or even last minute bidding frenzy but i just cant see it happening. Is this more to do with the fact that the old guard big war collectors are no longer collecting war books anymore or just that there are too many auctions happening at the same time.