• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mighty Con Wheaton, IL February 13, 2016

73 posts in this topic

I made it to the show and picked up some books - weather might have limited sales- I covered at least two table fees but it looked slow to me. The layout is the same as ever.

There were some good books available but not many priced to sell quickly-most, if not all were priced aggressively and scared off buyers imho. Hit up some somewhat nearby Naperville outlets and grabbed some books to cover my gas.

Besides the cold weather, video game tourney,the terrible parking and the off the beaten path con location, for $8 admission it's a bargain!

Not coming back again due to the drive. Fantastic for a local one day show for someone that lives less than 30 minutes away! Mighty Con organizers should scale it back a bit- Chicago area cons need to be scaled otherwise you bust.

I made it to the show and picked up some books - weather might have limited sales- I covered at least two table fees but it looked slow to me. The layout is the same as ever.

There were some good books available but not many priced to sell quickly-most, if not all were priced aggressively and scared off buyers imho. Hit up some somewhat nearby Naperville outlets and grabbed some books to cover my gas.

Besides the cold weather, video game tourney,the terrible parking and the off the beaten path con location, for $8 admission it's a bargain!

Not coming back again due to the drive. Fantastic for a local one day show for someone that lives less than 30 minutes away! Mighty Con organizers should scale it back a bit- Chicago area cons need to be scaled otherwise you bust.

Let's say a book sells, at a good pace, for $100 on eBay. What would be a good price for a dealer to have it at when selling at a smaller local con? Trying to gauge pricing for these things. Is 10% less of eBay good or are they looking for 20-25%?

I know the bigger shows usually have prices over eBay, so it's a crapshoot.

Going to Milwaukee next Sunday?

it was nice meeting you :hi:

If a book is $100 on eBay, I would price it at $115 or $120 for the convention.

Look, when you factor in postage and the risk you take for buying a book you can't hold in your hands, your "cost" is about the same. The same goes for slabbed books. GPA doesn't assess the cost of postage, which can add $15 to the price of a single book.

Some books sell better online than at shows, however.

Look, when you factor in postage and the risk you take for buying a book you can't hold in your hands, your "cost" is about the same. The same goes for slabbed books. GPA doesn't assess the cost of postage, which can add $15 to the price of a single book.

I adhere to this logic. I tried to price everything to ebay prices and use the 10% I do not give to E-Bay as my being at a Con bonus. Problem is everyone wants a 10-15% discount before they will buy so 10% over ebay is where I set my price.

This seems fair. I'm fine with paying a "show premium" to see a book in hand. More than about 10-15% is pushing it though.