• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mighty Con Wheaton, IL February 13, 2016

73 posts in this topic

I'll be bringing my normal drek, but with more drekiness as I added a couple boxes this week.

Also bringing a ringer with me, who will have lots and lots of slabs. :o

Any chance you have a DeadWorld #10 -- regular edition?

I'm gonna see what I can do for you on that one. I'm sure Brad Foster has some in the hoard.

I'll be bringing my normal drek, but with more drekiness as I added a couple boxes this week.

I'm gonna see what I can do for you on that one. I'm sure Brad Foster has some in the hoard.

Is Brad your ringer on Saturday? If so, tell him to bring all of his hoards for me. ;) I'll lighten that Saga and Harbinger pile.

Is Brad your ringer on Saturday? If so, tell him to bring all of his hoards for me. ;) I'll lighten that Saga and Harbinger pile.

Yes, Brad is the ringer. Good luck on getting a Harbinger from him.

Yes, Brad is the ringer. Good luck on getting a Harbinger from him.

If you can pry a Deadworld away, I'd appreciate it. Picked up a Caliber Presents #1 today; it's the only one left.

Either way I'll definitely stop by and say hi.

Sales on big books were slow. I normally sell a large percentage to dealers and most dealers were only going through the cheap boxes. I only sold one wall book at the end of the day (asm20) and Raphe sold a FF45.

Lot of people wanted to see the books but no one was buying anything big

I did sell 4 short boxes and 1 long box of smaller priced books ($3, $5 and 50 cent books) so that was good.

I did okay... not great, but I made money.

My biggest problem was that they oversold the room by a lot. There were just too many dealers, and while there were 800 people through the door, that's just not enough money to spread out.

I'm sure the promoter saw $$ in his eyes when he saw he could cram more and more dealers, but the layout really suffered.

Some info on the con

Plenty people were asking about Deadpool but every dealer had their deadpool books out. I sold some of the one shots (baby book, encyclopedia)

Sold a mid grade NM87, large run of McFarlane ASM and Walking dead later issues (102+)

Plenty of people were passing out flyers to local shows. Seems to be one every week

Did anyone get a chance to look through Comics4Less $0.50 boxes?

I made such a big purchase at the start of the show that I had to limit how much I went ahead and spent after that. I don't even know where they were set up at

They set up late; saw them putting up the sign/flyer. Thought they brought the $5 books and I was going to find some WW-like deals.

But it was only the $0.50 stuff. Went to three boxes and they were packed too tight to flip through. Walked away to give them time to put the rest of the boxes up and forgot to go back.