• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KEY DC, HTF CLASSIC ROMANCE & LOTS MORE!

76 posts in this topic

I will be adding more comics to this post over time. Enjoy. :)

I will happily consider all offers (and trade offers too) via PMs.

Time payments are available too.

In short

1. Paypal accepted.

2. Free Priority shipping within the continental US "only" with tracking #; IF international, please contact me first before buying.

3. The first "I WILL TAKE IT" in the thread wins with payment expected within 3 days.

4. No one on the probation list.

5. Returns accepted on all my books within 3 days of your receipt. Just return it in the same condition you received it in. I pack like a pro.

thank you,

Roger

My feedback

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=85&Number=8585575&Searchpage=2&Main=377897&Words=Roger66&topic=0&Search=true#Post8585575

I sell on eBay under the name "kaizerdawg" 100% positive feedback there.

1st up is a romance grail: price is $________

REMOVED TO ANOTHER FORUM...

MY ROMANTIC ADVENTUES # 50 "Love of a Lunatic"

ACG 1954

GRADE: CGC 5.5 Fine Minus

Off-White to White

Note: An Ogden Whitney classic cover and story; a scarce HTF grail in the Romance genre (a bit of horror too).

Seller's Comments: Photo are of the raw comic prior to pressing and submission. Minty case.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Next up is another HTF grail of a classic covered GA romance comic.

Price for this one is: $_______

REMOVED TO ANOTHER FORUM

CONFESSION OF THE LOVELORN # 52 "I SOLD MY BABY"

ACG 1954

Grade: VG-/VG

Comic is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind

Note: CF has detached top staple. A subscription crease runs down the center of the comic on both covers. BC has date stamp plus bottom left edge area has sliver off edge with rip. A glossy, solid, supple comic.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Next up while not a grail is certainly a well drawn headlights cover and I think the best in this series.

PRICE: $80.00

HAP HAZARD # 19 REMOVED TO ANOTHER FORUM

Ace Magazines 1948

Condition: VERY GOOD (super eye-appeal)

Supple Off White to White interior pages.

GRADING COMMENTS: Small circular chip out of the right side middle edge of the front cover (see penny in photo for size comparison). There is also a 1/2 inch spine split on top. There is small triangular chip out of the top right corner on the back cover and a chip off at the spine. Both interior covers show foxing. The back cover bottom right corner is there but it is folded over along with the adjoining page corner (I leave that to the next owner to straighten).

This thick 24-page comic is 100% complete with no restoration of any kind.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

PRICE for this Timely GGA is $108.00

SOLD - SOLD - SOLD

TESSIE COMICS # 12

Marvel Timely Comics 1947

Condition: VERY GOOD / FINE

Fairly Supple Off White to White pgs

GRADING COMMENTS: Manufactured with only 1-staple. Bottom edge of the front cover has a little long chip that is ready to fall off (and might between now and shipping to you) along with the bottom right corner tip off. There's a foxing strip / band running along the right edge of the front cover. Some blemishes, a bit of lighter foxing and faded non-moisture stains on back cover along with a little black speck of something on the interior top left of the front cover. Solid throughout.

100% complete with NO restoration

s-l1600.jpg

Next up is:

Price: $188.00 SOLD-SOLD-SOLD

Sensation Comics #33 (DC, 1944)

Grade: Good Minus / Good

Comments: There's a 4+ inch tear on the FC. Bottom staple of CF is barely detached. Lots of wear and tear with missing bottom right corner on FC. Both staples remain just attached to both covers but handle with some care. Light writing on top of FC. Fairly solid and supple low-grader.

This comic is 100% complete with no restoration.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Next up is a Classic 1971 Bronze-Age DC romance - considered scarce.

PRICE: $_______ MOVED TO ANOTHER FORUM

Super DC Giant #21 (S-21) "Love 1971"

Grade: VG/FN with White pages

Seller's Comments: "But for" that ugly stain on the front cover right side this comic would grade higher. The stain does not permeate into the interior corresponding side of the FC and I am not sure what caused it. Manufacturing / production caused some some ripped corners on almost 80% of the interior pages bottom right corners (see photo). A bit of wear and paper loss on the top spine tip, some non-color breaking creases, a small flea-bite of paper out of the back cover left side edge. A little pen writing on the top edge of the FC and light over-all wear with stress markings on the FC.

This comic is 100% complete with NO restoration.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

PRICE for this iconic issue is: $______.00 SOLD-SOLD-SOLD

BRENDA STARR # 14

Four Color, 1948

GRADE: lower-grade - tape and replaced staples

Seller's Comments: A prior owner taped the spine and re-stapled the comic. Invisible tape runs along almost the entire spine except for a 2 inch section between the staples, which remains split. There is another piece of tape on the bottom right FC edge. This copy remains solid and fairly supple with a glossy FC. A nice back cover remains off-white with light foxing on both interior side covers. Several small edge tears and corner chips on the right side of the FC. Pages are fairly supple and appear off-white with some creaminess on the edges. Perhaps 1/2 of the interior pages have some small cuts and paper loss on the bottom edges, which do not interfere with the panel art.

This comic has all the interior pages and no restoration other than the tape and replaced staples.

s-l1600.jpg

Price on the Bender "Classic Robot Cover" is Asking $1750.00

Mint case. Solid looking 2.0

Startling Comics # 49 (Better Publications, 1948) - SOLD-SOLD

CGC 2.0 Good with Cream to Off-White pages.

Cover Detached

"One of the most sought-after covers of the Golden Age, Startling Comics #49 is the zenith of Schomburg's airbrush work for Nedor/Better, perfectly combining the elements of robots, cute girls, and bondage."

More photos are available upon request. Excuse the camera glare

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Bender_Rodriguez.png

Price on this Golden Age WW is $______

MOVED TO ANOTHER FORUM

WONDER WOMAN # 15

DC 1945

Grade: Good/Very Good

Grading comics: Presents very nicely but both interior covers have foxing with the cover edges being a bit dry and flakey. Nice fairly supple interior pages offset that. Small little chips out on both covers along with tears. Both staples are tight on the outside and in the CF. BC bottom right corner has a big chip out.

s-l1600.jpg

Uncommon to scarce issue of an Archie Magazine - Price is $40.00

Ginger # 2 - SOLD SOLD SOLD

(1952 Archie)

Condition: Good

Seller's notes: Moderate water damage with tight yet rusty staples. Covers feel dry in-hand. Old tape repair visible on interior BC. Still solid with fairly supple nice PQ however.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Beat LOT of 3 Comics. - SOLD- SOLD-SOLD-

Asking: $75.00

Wonder Woman # 50

DC 1951

Incomplete Poor - missing 1 or 2 wraps. Detached pages.

Sensation Comics # 22

DC 1943 "Cheetah appearance"

Fair and Complete / nice reader at minimum. Detached covers (but covers are attached to each other). Warped from old water damage. Writing on cover (see WW's face).

Sensation Comics # 56

DC 1946

Incomplete Poor - missing 1 or 2 wraps with several pages shredded. Would make a nice collage!

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Uncommon to scarce issue of an Archie Magazine - Price is $40.00

Ginger # 2

(1952 Archie)

Condition: Good

Seller's notes: Moderate water damage with tight yet rusty staples. Covers feel dry in-hand. Old tape repair visible on interior BC. Still solid with fairly supple nice PQ however.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

:takeit:

Iconic "Betty Headlights" cover. Classic GGA.

Asking Price: $_______

SOLD PER PM

ARCHIE COMICS # 50

(1951 Archie)

Condition: Good/Very Good at minimum

Grading Comments: I had owned a CGC 2.5 of this copy, which had significant water damage, rust and was a big step below this offered copy (thus my grade call here). This glossy solid copy has light moisture damage that has caused some warping throughout both covers. There's a penny sized chip out of the FC above Betty's head and a lesser one visible on the top right corner of the BC. Both spine ends have wear with paper loss chips out too. Both staples are in tight on the FC as well as in the CF and show slight rust. The covers are not attached on the top (2 inches) and not attached to the BC (manufacturing). BC also shows some staining on the interior side. PQ is a nice supple off-white.

s-l1600.jpg

Price for this classic Fox Romance is $_______

MOVED TO ANOTHER FORUM

[font:Arial Black]MY LOVE MEMOIRS # 11 (FOX 1950) FN+ [/font]

Wally Wood Art

Grader's notes: Common red bleed-through on the front cover (manufacturing) as well as some of the multiple interior page top-edge tears with small page chunks missing (manufacturing). I count approx. 6 interior pages with little rips, some pieces of paper missing and related problems on the top edges. Both covers have minor edge-corner wear with a tiny seamless little tear on the edge above the M in the title. The staples are in tight and are clean looking.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l500.jpg