• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Complete Marvel collection for sale

125 posts in this topic

Full price? Yeah, right...

So you think they lied? :popcorn: It's a sick collection if it's true. Even putting together all the modern stuff if not given away for free. I would love to know what just the cover price for all that stuff is added up. I dropped out collecting new comics years ago due to the crazy cover prices and storing the Drek I was buying.

I think there must've been some negotiation. It would be difficult for the seller to explain why he wasn't able to get his asking price, so instead he says he sold at full price to A) not devaluate the collection, and B) prevent people from thinking he went fishing for a sucker at too high a price.

Bronze age your 1959-79 run is amazing and as you mentioned, cover price alone for the modern drek 1990-2015 would be ridiculous, not to mention the storage space, might as well have a complete run of national enquirers

We get it, you said it three times already. Can you find somewhere else to be a curmudgeon now?

I stand by what was said earlier, it was an all or nothing sale, no way the seller would allow any of the encumber some modern 1990-2015 drek to stay on the premises even if the full price offer was made, the huge majority of the comics made in those years are not an asset, they are a liability

nnwVNui.png