• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ultimate Thor Revealed!

12 posts in this topic

In today's Ultimates issue, Millar reveals Thor's origin. What did you think?

Personally, I was kinda bummed. I liked the ambiguity of his origin (is he or isn't he a God?). Thought this was a bit of a let down (as did Jan).

confused-smiley-013.gif

Personally, I was kinda bummed. I liked the ambiguity of his origin (is he or isn't he a God?). Thought this was a bit of a let down (as did Jan).

confused-smiley-013.gif

who is to say its still not possible he is!

What if it is Loki messing him up

confused-smiley-013.gif

That's totally plausible and I hope that's the way it turns out.

Regardless, here's hoping that Thor kicks all their asses next month in a book length slugfest. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

For what it's worth, I just realized that Ultimate Thor is one of my favorite current superhero characters.

confused-smiley-013.gif

It IS Loki Asgardian God of Mischief, his goal is to torment Thor for his own amusement.

Yep, Millar has left enough ambiguity there to keep us speculating for years! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I also think Millar's take on Thor is inspired. And I really like the dynamics of Cap/Stark/Thor: the New Deal-Norman Rockwell patriot, the latter-day capitalist, and the leftist eco-peacenik. thumbsup2.gif

Yep, Millar has left enough ambiguity there to keep us speculating for years! 893applaud-thumb.gif

I also think Millar's take on Thor is inspired. And I really like the dynamics of Cap/Stark/Thor: the New Deal-Norman Rockwell patriot, the latter-day capitalist, and the leftist eco-peacenik. thumbsup2.gif

It's hard to belive that The Ultimate 2 would be a better read that the Ultimates, but it looks & reads better that the

first,IMHO. And it is no secert that ALL that is happing IS the work of Loki, as it was stated many times before that it

would be part of the polt-line. This is my 'must read' every month.

confused-smiley-013.gif

That's totally plausible and I hope that's the way it turns out.

Regardless, here's hoping that Thor kicks all their asses next month in a book length slugfest. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

For what it's worth, I just realized that Ultimate Thor is one of my favorite current superhero characters.

*SPOILER AHEAD*

This pretty much sums up how I feel as well. I don't mind the ambiguity, but if it is established (or at least as much as anything is established in comicbookdom) that Thor is just a nut in a high-tech suit, I will be pretty bummed. Of all the revamped characters, he is my favorite, with Ultimate Hulk being a close second.

Man i actually think the Ulitmates series outperforms superman/batman~! wat do you guys think?

Tough call at this point as Ultimates is so good. But, I just ate up that Supergirl from Krypton story.

Slight nod to Supes/Bats at this point. thumbsup2.gif