• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: GAY 26

6 posts in this topic

Nice comic. Feels/smells fresh. Pages are White. This has not been pressed. How high do you think it could go with a press?

What looks like a crease by Millie's head is just a hair or something laying on the comic. Also, what looks like color loss in the boy thigh is just a printer error. Also, the dark blob in the middle of the back cover is printer error too.

P1100677_zps1shh1x5p.jpg

P1100678_zpstobzbsts.jpg

The only question I would have is how you can be sure these flaws you are pointing out are all printing errors ? More importantly, would CGC agree. In either case CGC may still downgrade.

Personally, I don't think it should grade out higher than an 8.5 . Is it worth the investment to press and submit ? It's a cool book, rare, and overall nice eye appeal. It should sell well as is.

The only question I would have is how you can be sure these flaws you are pointing out are all printing errors ? More importantly, would CGC agree. In either case CGC may still downgrade.

I looked at them with a jewelers loupe. The blob on the back was absolutely not added at a later date. It matches the black inks around it 100%. When you look at the color loss on the boys thigh under high magnification you can see that the ink "didn't take" or was thin in that spot (definitely not a scrape).