• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My dad is looking to sell his collection

67 posts in this topic

Ok my take on this

Seller should take the dreck to the crossroads flee market sell it to the guy there by the box or by the pound

Take the super good stuff in 2 months to the comic book expo -- http://www.calgaryexpo.com/ -- and sell it to a vender (oriental fellow from the USA who is over weight and looks like he needs a bath ) for US $

---------

Or if that is to much work sell it to some one locally though this forum for a reasonable amount (best idea )

:)

Ok my take on this

Seller should take the dreck to the crossroads flee market sell it to the guy there by the box or by the pound

Take the super good stuff in 2 months to the comic book expo -- http://www.calgaryexpo.com/ -- and sell it to a vender (oriental fellow from the USA who is over weight and looks like he needs a bath ) for US $

---------

Or if that is to much work sell it to some one locally though this forum for a reasonable amount (best idea )

Don't tell me if you are thinking of Harley? lol. Sure, he might take the super good stuff ...but he will pay the most what he think is worth in dealer level. Not at OSPG prices. He, like any other dealer, is a dealer and all dealers got to make some money down the road.

Eddly's dad can try that in Calgary and see what he says. The worst thing if the offer wasn't good enough, he can say "no" and hold on his books then.

Ok my take on this

---------

Don't tell me if you are thinking of Harley? lol. Sure, he might take the super good stuff ...but he will pay the most what he think is worth in dealer level. Not at OSPG prices. He, like any other dealer, is a dealer and all dealers got to make some money down the road.

Eddly's dad can try that in Calgary and see what he says. The worst thing if the offer wasn't good enough, he can say "no" and hold on his books then.

He should shop it to every dealer and take the best offer if he goes that route. One of the Montreal dealers ended up buying a collection that was shopped properly at the show last year. The seller started at market value of $50K and ended up with $28K which was not bad considering there was a lot of common stuff along with the good pieces AND he needed to move it fast.

He should shop it to every dealer and take the best offer if he goes that route.

+1 (thumbs u

Now, this is the best advice so far if his goal is to sell off all of the books in just one shot, without having to go through all of the tedious and time-consuming work required to sell off a collection in piece meal fashion.

Didn't notice this got bumped till now.

Again, nothing sold (as we're not trying yet).

Thank you everyone for the recommendations, I'll hit some of the conventions coming up here in Calgary over the next few months and see if I can generate interest from dealers to buy the whole lot.