• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Serenity now! Moderns worth money now? Sell, Keep, or Hold? Pull hair out now!

24 posts in this topic

Lately in the modern section on these boards I keep wanting to yell this at the top of my lungs. There are many good reads out there currently and it seems all the talk is should I hold, should I sell, what is worth money now or then or should be or should we throw something away. IMO I think many are in this hobby for all the wrong reasons. I'm not knocking anyone who can make some profits but I hate to think I'm the only one who loves this hobby for the content within.

IMG_1004.jpg

There are hundreds of threads about collecting a particular book and discussions about books in this and the other threads.

Sure there are a few speculation or buy/sell threads, but it isn't as if they have taken over... I think you are making a hasty generalization and over-dramatizing the situation.

:shrug:

Lately in the modern section on these boards I keep wanting to yell this at the top of my lungs. There are many good reads out there currently and it seems all the talk is should I hold, should I sell, what is worth money now or then or should be or should we throw something away. IMO I think many are in this hobby for all the wrong reasons. I'm not knocking anyone who can make some profits but I hate to think I'm the only one who loves this hobby for the content within.

IMG_1004.jpg

There are hundreds of threads about collecting a particular book and discussions about books in this and the other threads.

Sure there are a few speculation or buy/sell threads, but it isn't as if they have taken over... I think you are making a hasty generalization and over-dramatizing the situation.

Where is Nate making a hasty generalization or over-dramatizing the situation?

Here are three threads that were created within the last week.

1) What moderns are worth money without a sig variant or 9.8?

2) Sell or hold?

3) Pitch or keep

IMG_1004.jpg

2) Sell or hold?

3) Pitch or keep

Ok, so 3 threads (or however many there were) versus the 100's where there are discussions about collecting or the stories. He didn't say "a small number of threads lately are about selling comics" - he posted a meme of Frank Costanza yelling "serenity now" and stated he wanted to "yell at the top of his lungs." Seems a bit dramatic.

The boards aren't all speculation and sales posts, they come and go.

:hi:

IMG_1004.jpg

2) Sell or hold?

3) Pitch or keep

Ok, so 3 threads (or however many there were) versus the 100's where there are discussions about collecting or the stories. He didn't say "a http://nationalcatgroomers.com/what-is-humane number of threads lately are about selling comics" - he posted a meme of Frank Costanza yelling "serenity now" and stated he wanted to "yell at the top of his lungs." Seems a bit dramatic.

The boards aren't all speculation and sales posts, they come and go.

:hi:

:roflmao: