• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JUSTICE LEAGUE ACTION on Cartoon Network (12/16/16)

65 posts in this topic

I thought on the balance it was pretty good. They softened up the Martian Manhunter a bit from his days on JLA Unlimited when he clearly was the rock of the league and general all around badass. He's less a focal figure now which is probably some attempt to lessen his significance in the League to frame him up as a hero on the periphery because he doesn't fit in with the narrative of the upcoming movie. It was good to see Plastic Man but his humor was a bit out of place and I don't think they nailed the tone of Swamp Thing yet either. Wonder Woman still sports heels on her boots. Give the lady a break and put her in flats for crying out loud. There was a nice sequence of Booster Gold to help bring some comic relief. Bats is so heavy handed the routine got a bit predictable. He needs to lighten up.

I thought on the balance it was pretty good. They softened up the Martian Manhunter a bit from his days on JLA Unlimited when he clearly was the rock of the league and general all around badass. He's less a focal figure now which is probably some attempt to lessen his significance in the League to frame him up as a hero on the periphery because he doesn't fit in with the narrative of the upcoming movie. It was good to see Plastic Man but his humor was a bit out of place and I don't think they nailed the tone of Swamp Thing yet either. Wonder Woman still sports heels on her boots. Give the lady a break and put her in flats for crying out loud. There was a nice sequence of Booster Gold to help bring some comic relief.

Some interesting thoughts on the series! I like 'em.

Bats is so heavy handed the routine got a bit predictable. He needs to lighten up.

But not this one ;) Bats is fine as he is.

Had a chance to watch the Firestorm introduction episode. They did a really great job with the interaction between Ronnie Raymond and Professor Stein, without it coming across as confusing. Yet also had the involvement of the Trinity when they offer him membership to the Justice League.

Even the character design was spot-on.

gIq17NL.jpg

I need to catch up to the 'Zombie King' episode with Batman, Swamp Thing, Zatanna, Brother Night, John Constantine and Solomon Grundy.

Mark Hamill is the voice of Swamp Thing, and Kevin Conroy is Batman.