• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comic books are heavy!

25 posts in this topic

Seriously heavy! Today I have lugged 16 short boxes down one set of stairs.... From there, out to the car and loaded up.... 15 minute drive to our new place.... unload again and up two flights of stairs into my new man cave / attic!!

Add to that 8 boxes of White Dwarf magazines and many, many more standard books, hardcovers for the most part..... And then just the entire contents of our home on top of that!

I thought I was in pretty good shape! Today tells me otherwise! I'm cream crackered!!

Nope, I don't own any. Hoping to change that this year :)

I've been collecting around 18 months... I bought most these short boxes new a week ago and was truly surprised to have 16 filled to capacity.

I need to chill out with my buying I think now and try and concentrate on upgrades / filling gaps in the main titles I'm collecting.

The buy anything and everything mentality needs to end!

CGC box, one slab with mylar sleeve, 33 books, 31.9 lbs.

1 CGC slab with mylar sleeve, Batman Inc Leviathan, 1.24 lbs

1 CGC slab with mylar sleeve, Elfquest 1, .91 lbs.

Magazine box, one comic per mylar bag and board, 148 comics, 31.79 lbs.

Long box, new style, 2 per, 353 comics, 59.04 lbs

Long box, old style that was thicker, one comic per bag and board, 211 comics, 38.24 lbs.

The owner of my LCS has said he is selling everything and retiring once he can no longer move a box.

Might want to keep him in your phone book

I do not believe I would ever have the capacity to take on the inventory from a closing store.

The owner of my LCS has said he is selling everything and retiring once he can no longer move a box.

Might want to keep him in your phone book

I do not believe I would ever have the capacity to take on the inventory from a closing store.

Guess its time to get a second mortgage :idea:

I've been gradually switching to short boxes. Much easier to handle.

2c Agreed, I did that in the past when I found out how hard to get long boxes through the doors. After about a dozen move outs to different places.. Up and down the stairs, I called out "uncle" and throw in towel. Started changed to short boxes. Now is much easier to move around.

And the next move is to invest in a good quality dolly, IE hand truck.

A tried a dolly when moving 50 long boxes from the storage unit down into the basement and it didn't go well. Switched to carrying two long boxes at a time to quicken the pace which also didn't go well (way too heavy a load). Do have to say the nap after it was all done was epic.

Wotta buncha weenies. I'm a fat old man at 61, and still think nothing of tossing a long box up on my shoulder and ambling off with it, or loading four or five on a hand cart and trundling them wherever they need to go.

Once or twice, lol

Sixteen times up two flights of stairs, on the other hand...

And the next move is to invest in a good quality dolly, IE hand truck.
'Heavy' is relative when it comes to lugging large libraries around. (said the blasphemous heretic. :insane::shy: )

n4g_verbatim-rollsout-usb-esata-1.jpg

The hell is that thing...some sort of devil device!